Monday, June 20, 2022

A Twist of Bird

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I've taken advantage of a challenge to make a card for my 
dear sister-in-law's birthday.  She loves cardinals.


It's actually a CASE of this card by Debbie Hughes at Lime Doodle Design.

I've used a 3D embossing folder and wiped the inside with a baby wipe
before running through my Big Shot with Bristol paper to get a deep impression.  

When it was totally dry, I added a bit of color to the background and set it aside.

I stamped and die cut the cardinal, branch and birdhouse from 
watercolor paper and colored with Distress inks and markers.

Lots of dimensionals were used to put this together so it has
lots of dimension.

Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - ATG with embossing folder/option of bird
Simon Says - Add a sentiment

 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Spring Birds (SSS), Easy Expressions Original (Ton)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Pumice Stone, Antique Linen for stamping, Candied Apple, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Pine Needles, Broken China (DI & DM), Black Marker (SU)
Paper:   Bristol (?), Watercolor (Arches CP), Bashful Blue
Other:  Layered Leaves 3D EF (ret. SU), Spring Birds Dies (SSS)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I loved Debby's card - and yours is just as wonderful, Bonnie! You are bound to make your SIL's big day more wonderful!
=]

Bobby said...

So fabulous, Bonnie! I love your coloring and the dimension you achieved is phenominal.

Lisa Elton said...

This card makes me smile, it's so sweet! Your SIL will love it!

Brenda in IN said...

A great, personal card for her. A great impression from the embossing folder and a great tip for using the baby wipe first. I like the soft coloring over the embossing. That is a beautiful cardinal and a cute birdhouse. Debbie's card is a good one too.

Diane said...

Beautifully created!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Bonnie! I love the embossed background and your Cardinal is colored just beautifully! Your SIL is going to LOVE this card!! Hugs. :0)

nancy littrell said...

OMG....What Gorgeous colored die cut bird, branch and bird house, Bonnie. I Love your 3D dry embossed background, soft sponging, sentiment and adding all the popped up details. Your sister is going to Treasure your card made with so much Love:-) TFS..Love and Hugs..Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful cardinal on the branch with birdhouse, Bonnie! Great texture behind too!!

Nstiz said...

Fantastic card with a rich, embossed background! Love this! And thanks for the link to Debbie's video. She always makes it look so easy- Not. What a fun set to use too and great watercoloring!

Pat said...

What a beautiful card and your SIL will love it I'm sure. I love the 3D embossed leafy background too and the fabulous cardinal on the branch with the birdhouse is such a cute image and some fabulous colouring Bonnie, and a great sentiment too. x

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is a perfect b-day card for a cardinal lover, Bonnie! The deep 3D embossed background and the beautifully colored images (especially the cardinal) are fantastic! Your sister-in-law will love the card!
Hideko xx

Brenda said...

Your card is beautiful Bonnie! I love the embossed background with a little color added in. The bird, branch and house are all watercolored so beautifully. I need to remember that baby wipe trick though! I'm sure your sweet SIL will adore this birthday card! Hugs, Brenda

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Bonnie - love that soft colour on the background
Blessings
Maxine

Susan said...

You coloured the cardinal perfectly. What a fabulous card!

marilyn said...

Debby's card is lovely...BUT a lot of work! Your card background is equally lovely and far more doable for most of us...and SO effective! Thanks for the tip using baby wipes on the EF...never have heard of it!

TK said...

Lotsa dimension, lotsa beauty!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful coloring on the cardinal,branch and his birdhouse. Love the embossed background too. Lovely card my friend.

HilaryJane said...

It's just lovely. Your sister in law will be very happy with it, I am sure xx

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Challenge.

Loll said...

Sweet card for your SIL, Bonnie. Love that pretty cardinal perched on the bird house. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my... pretty pretty! I just sit and sigh. I love the stamp and the embossing so much!

Trina P. said...

Love this card! No surprise it was the winning card at CYHTP! Congratulations!

BożenA said...

Such a sweet card. I'm sure your sister-in-law appreciated this card and your efforts to get the birthday girl's favorite bird on it. The cardinal looks stunning! Was it a finished painting or did you color it? I also love the stained embossed background
xoxo