Monday, June 6, 2022

Boughs of Holly

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I've been having fun using different pastes and gels with my stencils.

This time I'm adding to my Christmas card stash.


I've used Distress inks through a stencil to get the ivy image.

After the stencil was clean and dried, I placed it back over the design and
spread clear Glass Bead Gel through the stencil with a palette knife.

I carefully removed the stencil and immediately put it in a dish of water
so the gel wouldn't dry on it.

Then came the hard part...no touching until the gel was completely dry.

Since I wanted the card CAS and two is better than one for the 
Christmas stash, I cut the design piece apart with some scissors
and place the pieces behind some die cut frames.
(If you use a frame, you don't need to cut straight!)

Here's my twofer....


Challenges:
CAS Mix Up - Stencil Challenge using pastes/gels
Christmas Craft Creations - Use two colors (red & green)
Peace on Earth #!7 - ATG Christmas


   

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Scribbly Christmas (TH)
Ink:   Rustic Wilderness, Barn Door, Brushed Corduroy (DI), Shaded Spruce
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Holly Bough Stencil (TH), Glass Bead Gel (Golden), Rectangle Peek-a-boo Window Die (MFT)

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Scribbly Christmas (TH)
Ink:   Rustic Wilderness, Barn Door, Brushed Corduroy (DI), Shaded Spruce
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Holly Bough Stencil (TH), Glass Bead Gel (Golden), Round Foliage Window Layering Die (Ton), Infinity Circles (HA), Holiday Greens Mini Die (TH), Subtle EF (SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

24 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Both beautiful, Bonnie! I still haven't checked to see if my paste is usable!
=]

Pat said...

These two cards are both so pretty Bonnie with the stencilled holly behind the rectangular and circular frames, and the glass gel beads really give it a wonderful shine and love the simpler design on the first and then the pieces of white die cut holly added to the second, and a lovely sentiment on each to finish. x

Lisa Elton said...

These are both extra pretty, Bonnie!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both are beautiful, Bonnie! The shine of the glass beads is so pretty, and I love the pop of colors! The double-circle frame and the white-on-white holly die-cuts are awesome!
Hideko xx

Susan said...

Two fabulous cards!! Love the stencilling and glass bead gel. Great framing on the two cards and excellent embellishing with the die cut holly leaves on the second one.

nancy littrell said...

Love how you got 2 beautiful CAS holly Christmas cards out of your stenciled holly background, Bonnie. Your clear gel looks stunning on your holly. TFS your cards and descriptions, my friend. So pleased you added to our CAS Christmas Card Challenge. Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

That bead gel is amazing Bonnie - the results speak for themselves! Love the leaf hanging over the edge of the square - a fabulous touch.
Blessings
Maxine

Diane said...

Creatively beautiful! Thank you for joining our fun at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Sandy said...

Love this card Bonnie - especially with the glass bead gel. And I also like the holly leaf coming out of the frame.
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

Twofers are always nice, especially when they're as lovely as these, Bonnie.

Brenda in IN said...

I can see the dimension that the glass bead gel gives and it looks amazing. The shine is gorgeous. Plus a twofer! Two lovely cards, Bonnie.

Trina P. said...

Terrific twofers! Love the glass beads and good for you being patient to let it dry. Love your framing. Great designs.

Cat Craig said...

I adore the one impertinent holly leaf poking over its boundary on card one. And I love the added texture of the white on white diecuts on the second.

Loll said...

Two gorgeous stenciled Christmas cards Bonnie. I LOVE the shimmer of the glass bead gel. It adds so much sparkle and texture. Great fussy-cutting to have some of the leaves go over the frame. xx

Marcia Hill said...

These are both absolutely GORGEOUS Bonnie!! I'm really hoping my glass bead gel hasn't completely dried out (I'm afraid to look as it was getting pretty dry the last time I used it last year!) as I'm looking forward to using for my card for this challenge too...the sparkle and shine with this stuff is just incredible!! Your holly on both cards is just SO pretty, and YAY for getting two cards from one play!! Hugs. :0)

Nstiz said...

Two wonderful cards using the glass bead gel. I can only imagine the mess I'd have. I did chuckle about the hard part being waiting for it to dry. I have zero patience for that (grin). Nice to get two cards while the supplies were all still out.

Brenda said...

I am in love with both of your Christmas cards Bonnie! The glass bead gel looks so pretty over this stencil. I really love how you cut one leaf out to hand over your frame, gives that 3D look. Your second card looks so ornamental, but so CAS at the same time. I love then both so much! They both are very elegant looking. Hugs, Brenda

Christine Alexander said...

Two beautiful cards, I especially love the glass beads they create such a sparkle ♥

Darlene said...

Oh Bonnie ... these are GORGEOUS! Thanks for beautiful inspiration and Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

nancy littrell said...

So pleased you added your gorgeous Christmas card using stenciling and Stencil/Gels to our CAS Mix Up June Challenge, Bonnie. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

That clear glass gel is the coolest thing! Now you have two more beautiful Christmas cards. You're doing great on the stash, Bonnie!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Linda said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Bonnie. I love the texture and dimension from the stencil paste .... so pretty!

BożenA said...

WOW! How beautiful these windows look with branches of holly. And I also love the white twigs that line the second tab window. It looks really amazing.
xx