Saturday, June 25, 2022

On the Beach

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Summer has certainly arrived in North Carolina and I'd love to be
sitting near the water.

This would be a better view!


As you know, I've been cleaning out my UFO (UnFinished Objects) box.  I'm
almost finished.  Whew, it was pretty full.  Some of the fullness was because of my
calendars.  I can't bear to throw out the pages when the month is done.  So I throw it in
the UFO box and worry about it later.

This image was from June of 2020

When I saw the challenge at Double D and that row of colorful beach chairs,
I had an aha moment with this image.

All I had to do was color the chairs with colored pencils and pop it in a
die cut frame.

I left off the sentiment until I need it.

Thanks Double D for helping me place this UFO.

Challenges:
Double D - Beach Time



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Beach for Two (Rubber Cottage)
Ink:   Archival Shadow Gray
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (Raspberry Red, Yellow, Golden Ochre, Turquoise, Beige, Warm Gray, Gray, Sky Blue, Greenish Blue, Scarlet, Black)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, what an awesome beach scene, love the colors of those chairs, wish I was sitting in one right now! Thank you for joining our fun at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

I Card Everyone said...

Loved it then, still love it today, Bonnie! I still think we could fill those empty seats perfectly!
=]

Sandy said...

Love the colors you have used on this very atmospheric beach scene. You have always done beach scenes and water so well - you must have an affinity for the beach and the ocean. Your creation is amazing and as I said, I love it!!
Sandy xx

Marcia Hill said...

I'd love to be sitting right there with ya Bonnie, although you'd have to help pull me up and out when it came time to leave...old knees just don't deal well with low seating chairs! But anyway, your card is fabulous and ya gotta love when one comes together that quickly and easily!! Love it!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

Except for the umbrella it's like I am back at the River House, Bonnie. I love the colors of your adirondack chairs.

nancy littrell said...

Adorable colorful beach chairs and beach scene, Bonnie. How fun to use more calendars from your UFO box:-) It is suppose to be 89 at home today...that is Hot for the Oregon coast..we are near the river, but luckily have shady areas in all our garden areas that move around through out the day:-) Stay cool and TFS...Love and Hugs..Nancy

LeAnne said...

Great way to repurpose that pretty scene! I love how the umbrella comes out from the main image...clever and cute!

TK said...

Upcycling at its finest! And I'm pretty sure all of agree with you on the view - great card

Papercraft Boutique said...

A beautiful and happy beach scene, Bonnie! Adding pencil-coloring changes the feelings of the scene, and gives the calendar page a new look. Love the edge of the beach umbrella coming out of the frame!
Hideko xx

Pat said...

What a great way to change up the wonderful calendar image you created a couple of years ago..it looks brilliant with the coloured chairs and the pretty textural frame Bonnie. x

Carole said...

So is this UFO box empty and ready to fill again? ..lol This card is fabulous, love the colours and the scene. I wish I was in one of those chairs...maybe the yellow one. I need a real good sort in my craft room...plenty of bits and pieces to use up but the pile gets bigger if I craft so at the moment my solution seems to be dont craft...lol x

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done on emptying that box Bonnie - and this is a gorgeous card using the image. Love it
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab beach scene, Bonnie - jus love the frame around it and the umbrella overlapping the frame!!

Trina P. said...

Almost done cleaning out your UFO box?! P wow, that’s amazing and this is adorable and perfect for the challenge.

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad the right challenge came along to help you finish this beauty. Must be such a good feeling to have cleared out that box xx

Nstiz said...

I imagine myself sitting there, feet in the water with a good book! What a great scene! Who wouldn't love to be there. Terrific card, Bonnie!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors you chose for those chairs! This is wonderful, Bonnie!

Susan said...

I'd like to be sitting on a beach too! Love your colourful chairs and umbrella!

Donna Phelan said...

Love the scene you have created! It's serene and blissful! The beach is my Happy Place, we're so lucky to live here! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Beach Time Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Leslie Miller said...

Super great idea to save the calendar images! I was wondering how you could possibly have so many focal image parts in your UFO. This looks wonderful! I would love to have such warm beaches. We have some beautiful beaches but it's a rare day that you can bask in the warmth.

Loll said...

Fabulous beach scene, Bonnie. Wish I was sitting there with you, looking out at the ocean! xx

BożenA said...

Lovely summer card, Bonnie. I love how the umbrella goes over the frame. It gives the impression that the image is leaking into our dimension. A perfectly designed card!
xx