Monday, October 24, 2022

Hello Mums

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Darlene & Diane have another challenge that started this month....

Good luck in your latest endeavor, ladies!


My sweet friend Bobby inspired this card.

Now stencils aren't my favorite technique, but my stencil box would seem to
belie that fact.  LOL, I keep accumulating them, but then setting them aside and
forgetting about them.  Diane & Darlene are going to try to change that.

This will be an Anything Goes Challenge with an optional theme.
This month's option is Halloween Colors.

Another favorite challenge Color Hues is asking for Orange & Green this time around.

I used a NBUS stencil that a friend enabled me to buy, and sponged parts of it with 
Spiced Marmalade DOX ink.  When I was happy with the placement of the flowers, 
I added some Rusty Hinge ink to the centers.  Then I used another stencil for the leaves, 
moving it where I  thought I needed to fill in.  I went back in on the leaves with a bit 
of the orange ink that was left over on my mini blending brush.

I added a stamped, embossed and die cut sentiment from my stash and a 
sub-sentiment on contrasting cardstock that matches the outlining of the design piece.

Here's that shine.


Challenges:
Color Hues - Orange & Green
NBUS #43 - Never Before Used Schtuff

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Perfect Pairs Essentials (PTI)
Ink:   Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint (DOX), Rusty Hinge (DI), Encore Gold
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Cajun Craze
Other:  Mums Stencil (Scrapbook.com), Leaves Stencil (SSS), Perfect Pairs Dies (PTI), Gold EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

32 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

So pretty and I love how you used 2 different stencils to create your flowers and leaves Bonnie! And the sparkly sentiment fits right in! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

I don't think I have two stencils that would work together as perfectly as yours have done, Bonnie! Such a pretty Autumn color combo - we can't have Fall without Mums!
I look forward to this challenge so I can stop ignoring those stencils in MY stash, too!
=]

jimlynn said...

The stenciled sponged background is beautiful on this card Bonnie! I love the fall colors you used for it too. I also have a tendency to forget I have the stencils and use them - yet seem to have so many!
lynn

Bobby said...

I'm glad I could be an inspiration, Bonnie. I think Mums are more apt to be orange than poinsettias so your stencil is perfect for both challenges. I love your arrangement and how you used two stencils to achiever it.

HilaryJane said...

What great use of your stencils on this one. Love those colours and sparkly sentiment, they work perfectly for this time of year. I really like using stencils but like you don't really use them enough. Thanks for your empathy re my accident. I am so glad you avoided yours. grandsons have their uses don't they? xx

Brenda said...

I love this card Bonnie, the colors are so beautiful, perfect for fall cards or even summery cards. I have a fair amount of stencils too and forget about them. I need to use mine more often as well. You are well on your way with this beautiful card! Hugs, Brenda

JoAnn said...

Your stenciled mums are beautiful in these colors. Love the layout and the pretty shine. TFS

Nancy said...

Bonnie, This card came out so well. You have balanced both stencils perfectly and your blending is perfect. Thrilled to see you in our gallery at Color Hues!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous background you made with your two stencils Bonnie! Love the autumn colours and the way you made your sentiment with the glitzy die cut combined with the grounding block sentiment. Vicky x

Linda said...

Beautiul, Bonnie. Love this background you created.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous stenciling, Bonnie - great combo of colors and images!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's beautiful, with a lovely colour mix

Julie B said...

Great use of the two stencils Bonnie, no one would know they weren't a pair!
Thanks for sharing your ideas at Color Hues. :)

Loll said...

LOVE the double stenciled card Bonnie! The fall colours are so beautiful, and I love the way you've added the leaves to compliment the lovely flowers. Perfect bit of sparkle to finsih. :) xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, I love the stencilling. xx

Cat Craig said...

Bonnie, the two stencils work together well, love the fall tones.

Susan said...

Wonderful autumn colours! Great job with the stencilling! Thanks for reminding me about Darlene and Diane's new challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

You should reach into that stencil box more often, Bonnie! This is lovely!

Pat said...

This is a really pretty look Bonnie with the stencilled flowers and leaves, and such wonderful colours, and the gold embossed sentiment with the stamped strip sentiment on red looks great to finish. x

TK said...

What a wonderful card -- I love this stencil, and the colors are perfect for fall!

nancy littrell said...

Love your beautifully stenciled with Fall colors card for your special friend, Bonnie. Your die cut shiny sentiment is perfect too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Hannelie said...

Beautifully stenciled in our challenge colors Bonnie! I love the little touches of gold !
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your use of the colours and stencils on this amazing card Bonnie - a fabulous result
Blessings
Maxine

Diane said...

Beautifully created stenciled card!! Thank you for joining our new Stencil Fun challenge and for the 'shout out'!!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful effect with the two stencils ♥

Nstiz said...

I love your overall design as well as your fabulous colors. The orange added t the leaves is just perfect and something I'd have never thought to do. LOVE this card and you make me want to pull my stencils out again.

Brenda in IN said...

Great job with the colors on the stencil. It looks so pretty.

Cindy Beach said...

You created your stenciled background beautifully and what wonderful blending of colors. Your blooms are gorgeous and the shimmer is the perfect accent. Loved having you play at Color Hues!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! Not one gorgeous stencil, but two, and you know how to use them to their best advantage. This is fantastically gorgeous, Bonnie! I hope we will get to see more of your amazing stencil work in the future. My stencils spend too much time in their drawer. Love that sparkly sentiment, too!

Julia Aston said...

Gorgeous colors on your stenciled background Bonnie! xx

Trina P. said...

So pretty! Darlene and Diane strikes again! When so many challenges shut down… they keep starting more up!… love them for it! Hope I can play along.

BożenA said...

I love the ink brushing effect through the stencil. Thanks to this, you can apply the ink so uniquely and it cannot be achieved in any other way. Beautiful card!
xx