Monday, July 1, 2024

Cosmos Bouquet

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

This Cosmos die has been hanging out in my NBUS box for far too long!
When I saw Vicky's Tic Tac Toe board, I knew it was time to get it out.


I die cut three cosmos and used three colors of ink for the flowers; yellow, darker yellow, 
pink, and a combination of them for the third flower.

I thought they needed some greenery for contrast and die cut my favorite SSS
leaf die to go with the flowers.  I ink blended three shades of green on them.

The little bee was sitting on my desk, leftover from a previous card and he
buzzed over to check out these flowers.

Burlap embossing and a bit of twine finished this card.



Challenges:
Tic Tac Toe #250 - (left hand column Friendship, Die Cuts, Ink Blend)
NBUS - (Never Before Used Schtuff)
Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - Week one Ink (Did ink blending on the die cuts)

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Sunbeam, Citrus, Guava, Pearfection, Field Pine)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Cosmos Stem, Privet Branch (SSS), Burlap EF (Honeybee)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

18 comments:

LeAnne said...

That little bee buzzing over to your flowers makes this gorgeous bouquet even cuter! Those flowers are amazing, as are the leaves. The background is perfect too!

JoAnn said...

Your Cosmos are so pretty and colorful. That bee is anxious to get in them. Love the embossed background too. Glad you got them out of your NBUS box.

I Card Everyone said...

A darling bouquet, Bonnie! Love your pick of leaves and that burlap embossing and twine? SO wonderful!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very beautiful, love the cosmos die. x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful bouquet, Bonnie - just love the texture behind & the sweet bee!!

Marcia Hill said...

Sweet, sweet card Bonnie and so bright and colorful...just perfect for Summertime greetings! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Carol D. said...

A lovely card and very nice coloring. I like the burlap EF that gives just a hint of texture.

Bobby said...

I love your Cosmos just as much as that Bee does, Bonnie. Lovely card!

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

Perfect summer card, Bonnie. The little twine bow and the bee are such perfect additions with those lovely flowers. So pleased to see your card at our Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week.

Darnell said...

That is one smart little bee, Bon! The pollen from the beautiful flowers must taste delicious! I love the burlap and twine and I love that you are beavering through your bits box! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS and for playing with my I.D.E.A.S.! Love, Dolly

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful early Summer bouquet, Bonne:-) Every little detail is just perfect, dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Sue - said...

Absolutely beautiful Bonnie. I wish the cosmos in my garden looked as good.

Loll said...

Beautiful trio of Cosmos, Bonnie. Beautiful with all the added texture. xx

TK said...

Adorable card, Bonnie, and the cosmos are so sweet! Very nice

Susan said...

What a perfect card for summer! Love the colours and the addition of the bee!

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bonnie - a beautiful wee bouquet.
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

This is a lovely combination of things that came together as a group to make this stunning card. I love the bee and see why he buzzed over to check out those beautiful flowers.