Monday, July 15, 2024

Anemone Cluster

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I love coloring die cuts and I love embossing.  It's not surprising that I LOVE
a combination of the two.


The sets that have dies that can be embossed are such fun!

First I die cut the flowers from mixed media paper.  Then I placed them in the 
corresponding place in the embossing folder and embossed.  
I also embossed a piece for the background.

I watercolored the flowers with Distress ink smooshed on my palette and picked
up with a damp waterbrush keeping the color in the center of the flowers.

If I lose any of the dimension by coloring, it's easy to place the flowers back
in the embossing folder and emboss them again.

I die cut and embossed some extra flowers...


 colored and stacked them to make a fuller flower for a CAS version.

I'm joining my friend Darnell with her I.D.E.A.S. inspiration.
The 3rd Monday of the month is Embossing (either dry or wet) 

Challenges:
Inkspirational #320 - (card 2) Feature product from two or more stamp companies (SSS, SB, PB)
Seize the Birthday #287 - ATG birthday (did not use the option of fruits)






Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Tattered Rose (DI), Antique Linen (DOX)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Natural
Other:  Anemone Cluster EF & Die (SSS), Brown Micron, Worn Lipstick, Brushed Corduroy Re-inker (for splatters), Sentiment Strips Glimmer (SB), Gold Foil 

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Sprinkles and Smiles (PB)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Tattered Rose (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Petal Pink
Other:  Anemone Cluster EF & Die(SSS), Micron Pen, Tile Reflection EF (SB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are both stunning, but I confess the second one is my favorite! Love that little tag and single flower!

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I'm always so happy to see your cut and emboss cards! Another lovely set and I love them layered up as you've done here! Very pretty soft pink, too!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Two absolute beauties Bonnie! I love the soft pink coloring and definitely the dimension you get from the embossing folder! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the soft colors and lovely design of each card. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

JulieP said...

I am totally inspired by your loose watercoloring of these florals! They are both so soft and pretty Bonnie. Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Cindy H. said...

OMGoodness, such lovely cards!

Bobby said...

Embossed die cuts add so much dimension especially since you can emboss the background too. You showed off that set to perfection, Bonnie. I love the soft coloring and splatters.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both so soft and lovely, Bonnie! Love them both, but there's something about that single layered bloom on the second that makes it my favorite!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Those anemones look amazing on both cards, Bonnie - love the detail from the embossing and you inked them beautifully!!

Cat Craig said...

Your color touches are fantastic, Bonnie. Lovely cards.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such elegant and beautiful cards. x

HilaryJane said...

These are fabulous. Love the soft pink and white xx

Jeanne H said...

Thanks for sharing these two beautiful cards.

Susan said...

Such beautiful cards, especially the first one. I love the soft colours you used - they make me think of 1930s or 1940s evening gowns or lingerie. Great shading on the flowers.

kiwimeskreations said...

What exquisite cards Bonnie - loving the soft colours and all the fabulous texture you have on these beauties
Blessings
Maxine

TK said...

Stunning! Beautiful folder and the extra cuts and your coloring make it extraordinarily so

Nstiz said...

Your gorgeous color combination really made this card! It's wonderful and love that you embossed the flowers and added a bit of color to them. This is beautiful, Bonnie!

Pat said...

Two different and wonderful looking cards featuring these really pretty die cut flowers Bonnie and given such super dimension with the added embossing..love the splatters added to the background on the first, and then the beautiful embossed background on the second, and the pink tag goes perfectly with the single added flower. x

nancy littrell said...

Two simply beautiful cards, Bonnie:-) I love your wonderful designs, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Sandy said...

Good Lord, I didn't mean to be so late to the party. When I first saw your post, I thought the top flowers looked tissue paper thin. They really look so delicate Bonnie. Love the ink splattered background.
What's that old saying - put your money where your mouth is. Well I did just that. I was so impressed with the embossed background on your second card that I ordered the embossing folder. It really makes a beautiful card. The sentiment is just as special as the flower.
I think you should consider online classes (for those of those who do not live in or close to Cary).
Sandy xx

Julia Aston said...

I just love the soft colors on both of these beauties Bonnie! The embossing on both make lovely backgrounds for your pretty petals! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: use products from 2 or more companies. Julia xx

Loll said...

I LOVE the soft and delciate colours of your cards Bonnie. Those flowers are so pretty and the embossing adds lots of texture and dimension. Pretty in pink! xx

Darnell said...

You really used the combo sets in the best way for both these beautiful cards, Bon, and I love the soft coloring! I am inspired because I know I have at least a couple of these and they are still NBUS because I wasn't sure what the extra dies were meant to do. I know, duh, but sometimes you just have to see someone else do it. I was that way with my stampamajig, too, and when I asked someone to show me how to use it, they were like, um, well, ... haha! I can't be brilliant at everything! Thank you for playing with my IDEAS this week!📌 Hugs, Dolly

Trina P. said...

Soft and pretty cards.

Nancy said...

Hello Bonnie, Those anemones look really lovely on both cards! I think the spatters add a nice contrast to the softer palette. Both cards are lovely and I like the first one a smidge more. Thanks for taking the time to join us at Seize the Birthday, it is appreciated. Take care.

Colleen said...

Bonnie, both cards are just so fantastic! I am loving those ef with the added die cuts! This one is especially pretty and you colored it so beautifully! Thank you for joining us at STB!

Linda said...

Bonnie, two soft and pretty cards with lots of dimension. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.