Friday, July 19, 2024

Red and Green

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I thought about doing a Christmas card with the Color Hues colors, but decided
to use a piece from my UFO box instead.


This started with a sample I did for my May 2024 calendar page.

The image was stamped with Copic friendly ink and colored with red and green Copics.

Challenges:
Color Hues #91 - Red and Green


 





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Wild Rose (TT)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Black
Other:  Everyday Sentiments II Glimmer Plate (Spl), Copics (R30, R24, R29, G29, G46), Prismacolor Pencil (Tuscan Red), Black Ultrafine Sharpie, White Gel Pen, Hemstitch Rectangles Die (Spl):  


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty red flowers and the Hemstitched border. Great CAS card.

Bobby said...

More beautiful poppies! Great job of coloring, Bonnie, and I love them with that hemstitch frame.

LeAnne said...

Great way to use this color palette...just beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie it's as lovely as the 'red, red rose that's newly sprung in June!'
=]

Sandy said...

This reminded me of the childhood riddle - what is black and white and "red" all over? Why Bonnie's Poppy card what else?
I think your birthday card highlights why I became one of your followers. The simplicity of design is a winner in my book. No matter what colors you use the design is wonderful!
Sandy xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Red roses are perfect for this color hues and I love yours, Bonnie!! So pretty with the hemstitched rectangle!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous. x

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly colored and perfectly framed! Pretty card, Bonnie!

Loll said...

LOVE the deep, saturated colours of this gorgeous bloom, Bonnie. xx

Pat said...

The wild roses are so beautiful in this luscious deep red and love the stamens highlighted with the white Sharpie pen, and the hemstitch border makes a wonderful frame Bonnie. x

TK said...

Wonderful and beautiful, your card is very precious to wish someone a great Birthday! It always feels wonderful to use something out of the stash and not waste too

Marcia Hill said...

A card after my own heart Bonnie! I love the simplicity of this CAS card and the coloring of your poppies is fabulous! You have definitely made the challenge colors SHINE with this beauty, so thank you so much for sharing it with us at Color Hues! (Psssst...you could also add this to The Flower Challenge too!) Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

Beautiful CAS card - great use of the red and green, and I love the hemstitch border.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a beauty Bonnie - so fresh and clean with just the pop of colour
Blessings
Maxine

HilaryJane said...

So beautiful and perfectly CAS. Love that it is landscape too xx

Nance said...

Very lovely, Bonnie. Simple and sweet.

Colleen said...

So beautiful Bonnie, the coloring is magnificent! I love the simple design!!Thanks for joining us at STB.

Nstiz said...

Wow, what a gorgeous color of red, so deep! The coloring as always is so perfectly done. This is just beautiful, Bonnie!

Cat Craig said...

Hard to pass up a beautiful red poppy!

Leanne said...

So pleased you played our challenge this week, I love this image, the color is so wonderful and a plus I love flowers. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/Krafty Chicks Challenge

Nancy said...

I can see why you decided to use this pretty Poppy! I am always excited to see what you are going to do with our colors. Lovely card! Thanks for being so supportive of Color Hues!

Julie B said...

Well done turning a UFO into this pretty card Bonnie, the black background works well popping through the frame and ties in with the stamens of the rose. Thanks for linking up at Color Hues. :)

Hannelie said...

Beautiful use of the challenge colors! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!