Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Merry Christmas Tree

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I recently had a session with my Glimmer System.
I rarely use it because the platform fits so tightly that everything shifts when
I pull it out.  Needless to say it doesn't make for smooth foiling.


Recently a friend of mine shared some tips she found that made her platform release
easier.  She used WD40.  I was a little hesitant but she came and used an pointed cotton
swab around the plastic where it plugs in being very careful not to touch the prongs.

It was still very tight.

So she held and I pulled the platform out many, many times hoping to wear it out.

It was still very tight.

She remembered seeing a video where the user heated just the plate then pulled it out
before adding the foil and cardstock.

Finally I was able to get a decent foiling.

It's still like wrestling an alligator to get the platform out.

Very disappointing.



Challenges:
Peace on Earth #66 - Inspired by the shiny ornament with frosty foliage





Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Christmas Tree Foil Plate (?), Holiday Sentiments Foil Plate (Spl), Green Foil (Spl), Fluted Classic Ovals Dies (Spl), Pine Bough EF (ret SU), Fine Glitter (Sweet Poppy), Snowflake Dies (IO)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

14 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

This is a beautiful foiled tree with a pretty oval panel. I don't have a Glimmer System but I wouldn't think it should be that hard to use. Maybe you could check with the company for tips or maybe they have an idea of what is going on with this. Since your friend is having trouble too, maybe it is a design flaw.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful foiled Christmas tree on your lovely card. Sorry you are having so much trouble with your foiling system. You definitely should check with the company. I have one, seldom use it, but it does not stick like yours does.

Sandy said...

Love the design on your foiled tree - love the embossing too. I opted out of getting a foiling system - I don't use what I have as it is!
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

I feel your pain, Bonnie. I struggle to pull mine out too. I plan to contact the company when I get back to Ohio. I have so many foiling plates that I hate to not use them.
Your foiled tree is lovely in the oval with all the embossing behind.

Trina P. said...

I can relate and don’t foil very often. Your card is beautiful. I’m sure the shine is gorgeous IRL. Fabulous design too.

Julia Aston said...

Goodness, I don't know the Glimmer System but it sure sounds like it's not user friendly - but you were able to create a beautiful card with your beautifully foiled tree with your pretty die cut oval framing and lovely embossed pine background Bonnie! Julia xx

Pat said...

This is a beautiful foiled tree but like others this does not seem right and contacting the company to see if anything can be done seems to be the way to go. I love the ornate oval frame around it and the glittery embossed pine branches make a wonderful background and also the snowflakes on the tree are a lovely touch Bonnie. x

I Card Everyone said...

This is exactly my own experience with it, Bonnie - disappointed was not the word I used. Moral of the story is this: glimmering is only possible with a great friend. And that isn't a bad thing, I guess!
Your card is really lovely and should probably be sent to that helpful friend!
=]

Loll said...

The card is beautiful, but the frustration takes the fun out of creating. That's not good. Glad you have the BetterPress which works way better for you, but the expense of a machine that's not going to be used (and it's plates) is disappointing. I feel for you! Love, Lolly

Christine Alexander said...

I know what you mean about the foiling platform, the better press is so much easier to sue ♥
Having said that your card is a stunner Bonnie, the foiled tree and sentiment look beautiful xx

Susan said...

Wonderful details, Bonnie - love the frame, the beautiful tree, and the dry embossed background. What a struggle you're having with the Glimmer System - kind of makes me glad I didn't buy one. Thank you so much for joining us at Peace on Earth and being inspired by our mood board!

nancy littrell said...

I would never had guessed that you had to wrestle an alligator to get such a beautiful foiled card, Bonnie. TFS your technique and your beautiful card. Love and Hugs..Nancy

TK said...

Bonnie, I'm so sorry for your struggles and it's real, because I know others have had it too! However you had success with this tree and it's gorgeous -- I love it on the snowy background and highlighted by the embossed oval. Very pretty!

BożenA said...

A truly great WOW! I love the contrast of the dark green tree and the beautiful embossments around the tree.
xx