Monday, July 29, 2024

Playdate with Nance

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

When my friend Nance came to play, she brought some of her recent purchases
 and I shared some of mine.  I've been seeing these postage stamp die, stamps and
stencils all over Blogland, some done by my favorite artists.  I was delighted to be able
to give them a try!

And since it's Stencil week at Darnell's I.D.E.A.S., I'll join her too.
My friends are so inspiring!


I think Waffle Flower needs to start designing stamps for the USPS!
They are much prettier than the post office offers.

She also brought her Spellbinders Towering Blooms Die.


I die cut all the pieces from Neenah Solar White cardstock while she was here
and colored the next day.

To color, I used blending brushes and Simon Says ink.

Instead of using it as two flowers, I layered both.  I wish I had placed it a bit
higher on the card base, but it's not moving now.

Challenges:
Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - Fifth Monday is Stencil Week
Just Us Girls - Stencil Week


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Sending You Phrases )Creek Bank)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Postage Collage Blocks Die, Postage Collage Wild Flower Stencil (WF), Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Lilac, Amethyst, Iris, Aspen, Sage, Field (SSS), Rusty Hinge (SU)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Black Licorice (MFT)
Other: Towering Blooms Die (SB), Gouache for splatter


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Trading off supplies with friends is always FUN and it definitely shows in both of these beautiful cards Bonnie!! The postage collage stencils and dies are always so much fun to play with and all your flowers in the blues & yellows came out beautifully! They're kinda addicting though, aren't they?! I love your bold purple blooms in the 2nd card too...so pretty against the dark background! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie. Your Postage Collage card is one of the prettiest ones I have seen. Love the colors you used. I think your big purple bloom looks fine where it is. I like how you layered it.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy that you had the opportunity to play with one of those postage collage sets, Bonnie! Now you know what all the fuss is about, right? OH, do I adore yellow and blue together! Such a sweet card!
LOve the drama of this Towering Bloom, Bonnie! So elegant.
I'm so happy to see into your playday with Nance!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your wildflowers are so pretty, Bonnie, and I love what you did with the Towering Blooms set!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are fabulous. x

Lisa Elton said...

How fun to have a play date and share supplies! Your stenciled postage stamps card is fantastic, Bonnie I love the pretty blues and yellows together. You should link this one up over at JUGs; it's stencil week! Beautiful makes all around!

Pat said...

This postage stamp die is great and I love all the pretty flowers you stencilled within the different shapes, and that wonderful bright and beautiful die cut flower really stands out well on the black card, and some pretty white spatters to finish Bonnie. x

Sandy said...

I love that postage stamp collage. The design is so good for many different cards.
Your second card is so dramatic - love that purple on the black.
Sandy xx

Susan said...

Love the first card with that wonderful postage stamp die and lovely little images (in one of my favourite colour combinations!). The second one is so beautifully coloured and shaded - and so vibrant against the black.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie, these are two beautiful cards - I would say Nance is an enabler, sharing the postage stamp die and stencils with you - your results are so gorgeous. Love the deep purple of the flower against the black - so dramatic
Blessings
Maxine

Carol said...

So pretty both with your expert stenciling and the colors you chose Bonnie! Thank for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

TK said...

These are both really gorgeous cards, Bonnie! I'm sure you had fun, it's even better with a friend and new products

Bobby said...

It is fun to share new products with friends and Nance's stencil collage looks to be a lot of fun. It's beautiful as well and I'm glad you shared it with us at Just Us Girls. That large purple flower is simply gorgeous, Bonnie.

Nance said...

You did a fabulous job playing with my goodies, Bonnie! I love your cheerful postage stencil flowers. They're so happy! But my favorite is the purple Towering Bloom-watercolored so gorgeously and stand out so beautifully on that black splattered background. It also looks gorgeous on my stamp shelf where I can admire it everyday! Thank you! (you have mail coming btw). We will need to get together again soon as I've just accommodated the Christmas postage stencils too! ;D

ElizStewart said...

Bonnie... just beautiful! I just bought this stencil and absolutely love how you used it. As always, thanks so much for joining and sharing your creativity with us at Just Us Girls this week!

Darnell said...

I agree with you about the stamp designing, Bon! These are so pretty! And your Towering Bloom (what a great name!) is sensational! I think the composition is balanced just fine with that single towering leaf. Amazing colors and schplatters! Thank you for playing with my I.D.E.A.S. this week!📌 Hugs, Dolly

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful stenciling on those gorgeous postage stamps! Love this fresh design paired with the perfect sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us again at JUGS!

Brenda in IN said...

I agree the USPS could use Waffle Flower! This is a beautiful card with yummy colors. Oh my, that Towering Blooms is awesome.

Nstiz said...

How cool these are. LOVE the postage stamp card and WOW on the die cut one. You still do the best job on coloring a die cut. Great cards, Bonnie!

Cat Craig said...

I love those postage collage sets so much. I hope you enjoyed playing with them during your crafty date with Nance. I think your second card is stunning and placed perfectly on the card front!