Monday, October 28, 2024

Acetate and Glitter for Group of Seven Cardmakers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

The Group of Seven Cardmakers have been using acetate and glitter this month.

Since Christmas is less than two months away (gasp), I chose to do
some Christmas cards.


I used the second video technique for both of my cards.

I stamped the design on heat resistant acetate and heat embossed it with white
embossing powder, making sure to keep the heat tool moving while I embossed.

Turning it over to the non-embossed side, I spread liquid glue over a couple of the
petals and used a cotton swab to smoosh the ink around.  Then I sprinkled a heavy 
layer of glitter over the top, shook it off and returned the loose glitter to the container.
I repeated the process with the rest of the petals and leaves.

What I like about this technique is that the glitter side in contained between the
acetate and card front so there is less glitter spread all over the studio and me.
I'm still sparkling!

I was brave and tried another....


This card was done with the same technique but the glitter has some silver sparkles
mixed in.  My friend Nance had given me several jars of these sparkles.  The glitter
is blue and the silver took on all kinds of colors in the photo.

Some backgrounds from my UFO box worked perfectly for showcasing the designs
and I was happy to get some more out of that box.

Corralling the glitter and keeping it from spreading all over the house was a challenge.
Getting photos of the sparkle of the glitter and the shine of the acetate was an 
even bigger challenge.

Head over to the Group of Seven Cardmakers website and see what the
other six ladies have done.  There are links and directions for this technique over
there as well as a linky if you decide to try it along with us.

I hope to see your sparkle!

Challenges:
Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - Week 4 Anything Goes
Peace on Earth #74 - Inspired by snow & pop of red
Rudolph Days - ATG Christmas
Group of Seven Cardmakers - Acetate and Glitter

 
 







Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Festive Poinsettia (Alt), BP Sending Joy Sentiments (SB)
Ink:   Whisper White (SU), Eucalyptus (PFS)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Heat Resistant Acetate
Other:  White EP, Glitter (MS), Bearly Art Glue, Stitched Circles Die (LI), Infinity Circles Die (HA), Subtle EF (ret SU)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps: Folk Snowflake (PFS), Simple Strips Christmas (TE) 
Ink:   Whisper White (SU), Encore Silver
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Heat Resistant Acetate
Other:  White & Silver EP, Hexagon Frames Dies (PB), Atlantica Sparkles Glitter (WOW)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Two gorgeous cards Bonnie. This sounds like a fun and sparkly technique. I will check it out. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

The struggle with glitter and photographing acetate is REAL, Bonnie! But you have to be really pleased with these gorgeous cards using both! I sure do love them!
That Altenew Poinsettia continues to be my all-time favorite in my large collection... shame on me that I haven't used it once this year!
Not sure I'll have a moment to join the group this month - but one never knows!
Off I go to see the other wizards!
=]
=]

Loll said...

Both your cards are STUNNING, Bonnie. LOVE this technique and the images you used worked perfectly. Adding the silver sparkles to your snowflake glitter does add something special with the reflection of colours. Great work, my friend. And great work photographing! xx

Leslie Miller said...

That's quite the process, but you sure produced some beautiful cards! Your photos look fabulous. Those blue sparkles -- WOW!

Julia Aston said...

I just love both stamps you used on your cards Bonnie - and they are SO pretty with the white embossed edges! Wonderful die cut framings for both designs - they really set off this glitter on acetate technique! Julia xx