Monday, October 14, 2024

Birches through the Seasons

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

For these cards I've used an older die that I believe has been retired, 
but I think similar dies are still available.


First up is a fall card for the Inkspirational Challenge.

It's die cut from linen paper and placed atop a background from my stash.

I used colored pencils to add detail to the birches and the leaves were colored with 
markers and die cut from another piece of background.

While it was out I did another with more of a summer vibe...


This piece was embossed with an old woodgrain embossing folder before
die cutting.  It has a lighter blue background, again from my stash.  The leaves
 were colored with markers. 

Lastly, a Christmas card....


This was done the same as the fall card but using a snowy background and
I added some cardinals to pop up the color a bit.  I love black, white and red together.

Challenges:
Inkspirational #326 - Mood Board
Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - Week 2 Dies
Krafty Chicks #737- ATG Christmas


  





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Various sentiments
Ink:   Tombow Markers
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Neenah Desert Storm, Black
Other:  Birch Tree Window die (ret SSS), Leaves (IO), Cheery Cardinals (PS), Woodgrain EF (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

7 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love all three of your lovely cards. I like the red birds as they do add a pop of color. The backgrounds are perfect on each one.

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I am not familiar with this beautiful die - you've shown how versatile it can be with these three seasons! I love the pencil details you've added for the birch bark - and those darling itty-bitty Cardinals, too!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

All three of these cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie, and I love that you showed them in 3 different seasons...so creative! They all show just how beautiful change can be...lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

How versatile this die can be using all these examples. Great backgrounds and love those sweet cardinals.

Bobby said...

Two of my favorite things, Bonnie, birch trees and cardinals. I marvel at their beauty every time I see them and you used them to make beautiful cards.

Pat said...

I love the three different cards depicting Autumn and winter, and a Christmas version Bonnie, using this beautiful oval aperture with birch trees die, and the different colour backgrounds go so well to give the impression of the different seasons, with the orange toned leaves on the first, then the green summer leaves and a wonderful cardinal , and lastly a more monochrome Christmas version with three red cardinals which really pop. x

Lisa Elton said...

Each one is just as fabulous as the next, Bonnie! They're all very pretty but the final card is my favorite!