Monday, October 21, 2024

Pretty in Pink

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

When Michele came to visit, she brought her Sing Joy stamp set for me to use.
I stamped several and then decided that I really needed to have this set so
I could stamp on cardstock to color with Copics.  (I thought it was a good reason!)
An even better reason when I discovered that there is a die set to go with it.


I posted a card last week for the Jingle Belles Pink Christmas for the Cure challenge.
I used pink poinsettias but it wasn't all pink.  So I challenged myself to only use
pink and neutrals.

The background was done with Distress Ink on acetate, spritzed and smooshed on a
piece of mixed media paper.  Then I stamped and heat embossed some little snowflakes 
on the background and added some torn snowbanks for this darling to stand on.
 The whole design was added to a dry embossed snowflake background.

Little Pink Elfette was stamped on mixed media paper and colored with inks and 
my waterbrush.  The stripes on her scarf and hat brim were done with a marker.
When she was all watercolored and dry, I used the die to cut her out so she could
do her thing on the snowbank.

Don't you love how she's singing her heart out? What Christmas carol do you
suppose she is singing?

Challenges:
Jingle Belles - Pink Christmas for the cure
Penny Black Saturday - ATG using Penny Black with option of Cute or Spooky
Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - Third Monday Embossing Wet or Dry
NBUS #67 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Die)




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sing Joy, Festive Snippets (PB), Snowflakes (various)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Strawberry Slush, Tattered Rose, Brushed Corduroy
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Mixed Media (Strathmore), Pretty in Pink
Other:  Sing Joy Cut Out (PB), Snowflake EF (MS), White EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so very happy that she and her friends have found a home with you, Bonnie - a wonderful place to call home! She's as pretty as can be in all that pink... Joy to the World is the song she's singing I'm sure of it!
=]

Cindy H. said...

Just so darn cute!! Love her all in pink and I think she is singing Noel!

JoAnn said...

Sweet littler caroler dressed in pink. Love your card. Glad she found a home with you. She is on her way to my home also. I have been inspired (enabled) by your cards and Michele's card.

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Bonnie...she is absolutely ADORABLE all decked out in PINK!! Your background and embossed card base all fit her perfectly as she sings out her JOY! Sweet, SWEET card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

Michele has the best goodies to share, doesn't she? Your little pink elf is the cutest, but that BACKGROUND....wowza! It's fabulous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable caroling elf, Bonnie, and I love your background!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely a Joy image and card. love it. x

Sandy said...

She is so sweet - I really like the color and the background that you have created ...
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

She is singing for joy because of that wonderful background you gave her, Bonnie. She's darling in pink as she sings "O Come All Ye Faithful."

HilaryJane said...

Of course that was a good reason and doesn't she look amazing in pink? Love the pink sky too xx

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh is this ever cute and just adorable in all pink. Kudos to you for doing the stripes too. NO way would I have gotten it that neat. That little girl just makes me smile!