Monday, September 16, 2019

Unfolding for CAS Watercolour

Hello my friends. I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have another card two cards with complementary colors.


Jenny has challenged us to use complementary colors on our cards at
 



I've used red and green this time.

I've done a no line watercolor look by placing this stamp in my MISTI and first inking
the flower heads with Spun Sugar, then inking the petals with Distress Markers.  
By using the MISTI I can ink small sections
and stamp and even stamp again if I need more definition.

I used a damp waterbrush to move the colors and when it was all painted
and dried, I used a little re-inker and the wet on wet technique to
add a light wash to the background.

I added some lines and highlights to the flowers with watercolor pencils.

This is quite a large image, so I cut one flower off and fussy cut it out
to go on a second card.


I love getting a twofer out of one image!

Our Guest Designer, Anita has added her fantastic inspiration to our
Design Team's line up.  I hope you'll go check out CAS Watercolour
and join in too.  It's open until the 24th!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Unfolding (PB), Bouquet of Thanks (SSS-card 1), Agapanthus (TT - card 2)
Ink:   Spun Sugar Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Candied Apple, Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs (DM), Versafine Onyx Black, Soft Sky Re-inker (SU)
Paper:   Watercolour (TH),, Neenah, Basic Black
Other:  Watercolor Pencils 239 Spruce, 249 Olive, 89, Dk. Carmine (Caran d'Ache), Ice Cube Jewels (Lucy's Little Things), Subtle EF (SU), Infinity Circles Die (HA-1st card), Tall Rectangles (Splbndr-card 2)


20 comments:

Carole said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie...lovely watercoluring.

Viv said...

Fab cards Bonnie! x

jimlynn said...

They're both totally gorgeous. You have the prettiest flower stamps. Love your cards.
Lynn

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Bonnie. The flowers are so pretty and a great idea to get two cards from one image. xx

Pat said...

Two fantastic card using these pretty flowers Bonnie, and love your watercolouring and the circular frame works well on the first, and the black strip at the bottom ties in perfectly with the colour of the sentiment, and a great idea to cut off one of the flowers and add it to the second card and with the soft blue in the background which complements it beautifully. x

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love both these pretty, delicate watercolours. Your colouring is excellent:)

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Bonnie, but it is the twofer that really appeals to me - that single flower is classic and so very elegant!
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

What a great way to get 2 cards Bonnie and they're both BEAUTIFUL!! I'm always in awe of your softly water colored backgrounds...they totally make your lovely flowers stand out! :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous, times two, Bonnie! Complimentary colors - indeed!
=]

Bobby said...

Fabulous jobs of coloring those beautiful flowers, Bonnie.

JosieD said...

Two more pretty cards...complementary colors sure do add a pop factor. I especially like the infinity circle die for the image and the special embellishments that look like dew drops.

Trina P. said...

So clever, Bonnie, to cut up the large image and make a twofer! Beautiful watercoloring as always. Great CAS designs on both. xx

Nstiz said...

Both of these are so beautifully painted! Amazing work on them. Love your so-soft background wash, just enough tint to add a little color. Beautifully done!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous cards Bonnie...love the simplicity but the elegance they have.
xx Karen

Sandy said...

I always love your watercolor flowers but you know that don't you Bonnie!
Sandy xx

Loll said...

Your no-line watercolouring is fantastic, Bonnie! You've really brought these flowers to life with your w/c skills and added details with the pencil. Two gorgeous cards, my friend! xx

Mac Mable said...

Wow what fabulous water colouring and so very pretty Bonnie x I love them x

BożenA said...

Bonnie, these flowers are so beautiful !! I love your watercolors, they are so amazing.
Hugs,
BożenA

Papercraft Boutique said...

Two beautiful no-line flower cards from one stamp set, Bonnie! I was wondering how you added details and highlights. How clever to use watercolor pencils for that!
The black strip at the bottom of the first card is a really wonderful touch.
Hideko xx

Jo said...

No line, wow, you got this technique mastered. I love those flowers and the highlights are astonishing. Beautifully done. xx