Thursday, June 11, 2020

Bells for CAS Christmas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Today I have two cards for CAS Christmas.


My sweet friend Linda  (Lin's Crafty Corner) is hosting this month and she chose...

I chose to use these bells from an old Stampin' Up set and the words from
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. They've been heat embossed 
in gold on textured paper.

For the first card, I die cut the bells with a Stitched Arch die
and cut a larger arch from Gold Foil.

For the second card, I did the same thing but placed both the bells
and sentiment on the same piece and die cut them with the
Elegant Rectangle STAX also with a gold foil mat.

I die cut the background with the largest of the Elegant Rectangle dies, 
scored the back piece and glued the two pieces together.
The scoring helps the card to stand up.

It was hard to capture the shine of the embossing and gold foil
but they are very shiny IRL.

The Design Team and Guest Designer, my friend LeAnne,
have some wonderful cards to amaze and inspire you.

Challenges:
CAS Christmas - Bells


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Bells and Boughs (SU), Fanciful and Scripted Greetings ( OOB Amy R)
Ink:  WOW Emb. 
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Linen (PTI), Gold Foil (SU)
Other:  Gold EP, Stitched Arch STAX  dies (MFT)

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bells and Boughs (SU), Fanciful and Scripted Greetings ( OOB Amy R)
Ink:   WOW Emb
Paper:   Neenah Classic Natural, Neenah Eames, Gold Foil (SU)
Other:Gold EP, Elegant Rectange STAX dies (MFT)

28 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous bell cards, Bonnie! Just love the gold on the ivory linen - so elegant! Love them both but my fave is card two - love the big frame matted in gold!!

Marcia Hill said...

These are both so pretty and elegant Bonnie and I love the sentiment/song words!! And am totally in LOVE with the shape of the 2nd card...what a cool idea!! Totally need to try that! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are wonderful Bonnie, also a great sentiment stamp.
Take care
Faith x

Trina P. said...

Wonderful twofers. The bell image is so cute! Fab sentiment to go with it.

Brenda in IN said...

Two lovely cards and the gold is just beautiful.

jimlynn said...

They're both beautiful and know that gold just shines!
Lynn

Pat said...

Two very pretty looks using these gold embossed SU bells Bonnie, and love the arched shaped topper on the first and the arched rectangle shape for the second, and a great idea to cut the whole card using the die, also such lovely gold mats on both. x

Linda said...

Bonnie, both cards are so elegant. Love the white and gold. Hope all is going well with you and your family. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Liz said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie, I love the verse. Lovely elegant designs. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie, love the bells in gold so classically stylish :)

Loll said...

Such a beautiful poem to go with your bells Bonnie. I love the two different designs. Both are elegant with white and gold. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What incredibly elegant cards Bonnie - love the second 'shaped' card particularly. Gold with gold on white is always so beautiful
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous cards with the gold bells and gold sentiment. Love them.

Sandy said...

Beautiful! I know what I will be singing all day today!!
Sandy xx

Nstiz said...

I love the look of the gold and white, Bonnie. The image is wonderful and I just love the verse you paired with it. You framed both of them so beautifully too!

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely bell cards Bonnie - with that beautiful bells stamp with the holy - so pretty with both of your gold framings! xx

Brenda said...

Both are beautiful cards Bonnie. I think I have that bell stamp. I love that you kept it simple with no coloring, just heat embossing. Makes it so elegant looking! Hugs, Brenda

Susan said...

Two beautiful CAS layouts for this lovely image! Perfect in just simple heat embossing!

Jo said...

Two tones are special especially when using metallics. Beautiful quote to pair up with elegantly framed Christmas bells. xx

Bobby said...

One of my favorite Christmas songs, Bonnie, and the words look so good embossed in gold. I love the different shapes you used to show off the bells.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, two elegant and awesome gold and white Christmas cards! I love the song lyrics as a sentiment and that they're such a significant part of the cards.

TK said...

Two BEAUTIFUL cards! Love them both, and that fabulous sentiment! I looked once and I have not one bell -- sad...

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Christmas cards, Bonnie! I love how you used gold foil for the frames and that you included the first verse of this Christmas Carroll (one of my faves) in your design! Very clever, indeed! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at CAS Christmas ~ xx

Colleen said...

I can't pick a favorite! I think all the gold and gold embossed sentiment makes the card a step up ~ it just shines and is so very elegant. both cards are awesome! thank you for sharing them at CAS Christmas, Bonnie!

Mac Mable said...

Wow ....so elegant and classy and perfectly CAS Bonnie x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both bell cards are gorgeous, Bonnie! The subtle texture of the cardstock, the pretty bell image, the shine from the gold heat-embossing and the gold foil frames are all wonderful!! I especially love the card shape of the second card. It's so nice to see your card in the CAS Christmas gallery! Thank you for sharing!
Hideko xx

Ros Crawford said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie, very elegant!

BożenA said...

WOW! Two beautiful cards in one post! I love them both, but especially the first card. Beautifully designed
xx