Friday, January 7, 2022

Loose Watercolor for CAS Mix Up

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Happy New Year!

It's time for a new challenge at CAS Mix Up


My talented friend Jenny is hosting this month's watercolor challenge.

I used a NBUS background stamp inked with white and heat embossed on
mixed media paper.  When it had cooled, I used a large brush to add clean water
all over then dropped watercolor paint in pink, yellow and green.  Using a smaller 
brush, I dabbed more ink into and around the flowers.  If the color was darker than I wanted,
I dabbed with a paper towel.  If it was too light, I added more color.

This is such a relaxing technique to me.  I hope it's one you will enjoy too.

And since this is a background stamp, I got a second card from the piece.

 

Jenny has added some great tutorials on the challenge site and the
fabulous Design Team as well as our Guest Designer, Karen (Random Reflections)
have some awesome inspiration for you.

Hope you'll join us at CAS Mix Up


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Wildflower Background (Taylored Expressions), Easy Expressions Original (Ton)
Ink:   Whisper White, VersaMark
Paper:   Mixed Media, Neenah Natural
Other:  Gansai Tambi (34 Dk. Pink, 42 Bright Yellow, 58 Evergreen), White EP, Gold EP, Easy Expressions Dies (Ton), Mini Slimline Double Stitch Rectangle Die (Kat Scrappiness)




Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Enjoy!




30 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy New Year, Bonnie!
Love the soft colours of your cards, especially the first one.
Marianne x

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards, Bonnie. I love the fresh colours, so pretty! xx

JoAnn said...

So pretty. It does sound like a relaxing technique. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing this beauty. Have a great day.

I Card Everyone said...

Puddling these colors around this embossed piece does sound like a fun time, Bonnie! The results are wonderful! That stamp must be a very large one to get these two cards made from one go!
Happy weekend!
=]

Nstiz said...

I always love seeing your work with loose watercoloring! This is gorgeous, Bonnie! You make this sound so fun too do- so much so that I may have to just give it a try in spite of my fear of watercoloring. What a beautiful stamp you chose too!

Marcia Hill said...

These are both SOOOO pretty Bonnie, and as much as I love making Christmas cards, it is so nice to see bright and Spring like colors again (especially after receiving over 16 inches of snow in the last 2 days!!)! Lovely, lovely cards and can't wait to try this loose water coloring technique! Hope you have a great weekend!! Hugs. :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both cards are just wonderful and so beautiful Bonnie.
Faith x

Viv said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie. x

Barb Ghig said...

Your loose watercoloring is beautiful with these lovely wildflowers, Bonnie! Both cards are gorgeous! xx

HilaryJane said...

These are so beautiful. Two very special cards. You had me confused for a minute with your extra post xx

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Love both your loose watercolored pretty background stamped and heat embossed card designs, Bonnie. Your technique turned out beautifully. Loved how you cut your background into panels for your 2nd card. I never think to do that...you are always inspiring me, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Susan said...

Beautiful cards, Bonnie!! I love your choice of colours and you did the loose watercolouring so well!

Pat said...

Some wonderful flowers in this pretty loose watercolour style Bonnie, and I love the colours and a great design cut into three panels. x

Bobby said...

It's a great technique and you executed it beautifully, Bonnie. The colors mix well in the background and the concentration of colors in the flowers makes them really stand out.

Robyn Oliver said...

OH Bonnie... two beautiful floral cards... I looove your pretty colours and looooose watercolouring is just gorgeous, happy new year hugs Robyn

Lisa Elton said...

Goodness gracious are these ever PRETTY!!

TK said...

Wow! These are fantastic, Bonnie, and I love the different ways that you designed each card, giving such different feels

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie this is gorgeous - so soft and pretty, and how wonderful to get two cards from the one background stamp
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

oldpunca said...

I really love this two cards, Bonnie. I think I've already said, that it looks very artistic. Background stamp seems to be made for this technique. It couldn't be better.
Sonja

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your cards are bringing spring to us, Bonnie! Both are so cheery and full of warm feelings. Love the colors and the way paints mixed!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

wow beautiful loose watercolouring Bonnie, I have a card for this challenge and need to get it posted :)

Trina P. said...

Great job loose watercolouring again and getting a twofer from the one background stamp. I’m not a watercoloring, but this technique work better for me. 😂

Mac Mable said...

Both are so very pretty and what a beautiful effect with the loose water colouring Bonnie x.

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm fascinated by your description of how you coloured this beauty Bonnie and now I want to have another go! Vicky x

Susan Joyce said...

Two gorgeous designs Bonnie, love the soft pastel colours.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful...I have that stamp too and I just love the idea of cutting the panel into 3...love it.
xx Karen

Loll said...

WOW! LOVE both these cards Bonnie. What a great example of loose watercolouring. The designs are amazing, the colours fantastic. Great work, my friend! xx

Cat Craig said...

Your cards never fail to delight, Bonnie. Lovely.

BożenA said...

I love how the colors on your cards blend seamlessly to create a very romantic backgrounds for these lovely meadow flowers. Another amazing cards, Bonnie.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, I must try this very technique! Your card is sooooooo gorgeous, Bonnie!