Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Blue Butterfly

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

 

I LOVE these 3D embossing folders!

This is one that's on sale at Altenew and found it's way into my cart.
I'm so glad it did.

I wiped the inside of the folder with a wet babywipe before embossing and got
a nice deep impression.

I'm on my quest to use the beautiful nature sets from Wplus9 that I bought
last year.  Unfortunately I don't have the magic in my fingers or brushes that
Dawn has.  The butterflies from this set were pretty easy though.

I stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with clear embossing powder.

Coloring was done with Distress Markers.  When dry, I sprayed with Shimmering Bliss
spray that I bought years ago at a craft show.  This guy really shimmers when
the light hits him.

I used the smaller butterfly in the set on the inside and they are winging
their way to a dear friend who is dealing with health issues right now.

Challenges:
NBUS #46 (Never Before Used Schtuff) - Embossing Folder


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Flora & Fauna 3 (Wplus9), Bouquet of Thanks (SSS), 
Ink:   Prize Ribbon, Blue Print Sketch, Wilted Violet (DM), Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Mixed Media, Black
Other:  Scalloped Flowers 3D EF (Alt), Black EP, Waterbrush, Shimmering Bliss Iridescent Spray (Technique Junkies)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


22 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! This butterfly looks like it could float right off your card! Beautiful!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Blue and white is my favourite colour combination. The butterfly is so lovely against the 3D embossing.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful textured 3D dry embossed background for your gorgeous butterfly, Bonnie. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a stunning card Bonnie - love the deep blue against the textured white
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

The embossed background is so beautiful Bonnie. Good idea to use a baby wipe to soften the paper before embossing. I have LOTS of those and they are starting to dry up in their packages. :) Your butterfly is gorgeous. I LOVE the shades of blue you've used. It really pops against all that white. xx

I Card Everyone said...

Your friend is going to feel very loved when she receives this gorgeous card, Bonnie! Man, do I wish we could 'grow' these beauties! The embossing is so deep and crisp - and let's not forget stunning!
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful butterfly popped on that lovely embossed background. TFS

Bobby said...

When a butterfly is that gorgeous, Bonnie, all you need is some wonderful embossed texture in the background to make a stunning card.

Carole said...

Absolutely beautiful Bonnie! x

Sandy said...

Wonderful embossed background. I have always been partial to one bright and pure color on white. I don't know who Dawn is but I would say that you have more than your share of talent in your fingers - not to mention in your creative thoughts!
Sandy xx

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and absolutely GORGEOUS Bonnie! That butterfly surrounded by all that embossed white is just STUNNING!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

Stunning...the ef adds dimension and is a fab landing for your bright blue butterfly. Love.

Pat said...

Another gorgeous 3D embossed background Bonnie, and the bright blue and gold butterfly really pops over the top, and finished with a lovely sentiment and perfect matted on the black card. x

Nstiz said...

Beautifully designed and love the deep embossing on the background. Gorgeous colors on your butterfly too!

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh... this is especially beautiful. Bravo, Bonnie!

TK said...

GOR GEE OUS! Wow, Bonnie, this is a fantastic folder, but I'm really enamored with your beautiful butterfly!

Brenda said...

3D embossing folders are the bomb Bonnie! lol I love this card, so simple, so elegant and so pretty! That butterfly looks right at home on the 3D flowers. I sure hope this lifts the spirits of your friend who is dealing with health issues as they can sure get one down after a while. Hugs, Brenda

BożenA said...

WOW!!! This card is really beautiful! I love its great contrast, white embossed background and that amazing butterfly - perfection!
xx

Leslie Miller said...

I just about fell out of my chair when this popped up on the screen! The embossed pattern is incredible and the contrast of the spectacular blue butterfly is fantastic. Wow, Bonnie!

Papercraft Boutique said...

You made a great purchase, Bonnie! The 3D embossing is gorgeous, and you used it so effectively. The blue shimmering butterfly looks amazing against the white floral texture embossed background. Love this card!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Bonnie, the blue really pops against the white embossed flower ♥

Trina P. said...

So beautiful!… especially against that gorgeous embossed background. This will uplift your friend.