Saturday, January 21, 2023

Christmas Ornaments

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Playing with a special stencil...


I used tape to block off areas that I didn't want inked (I'm very messy with my inking)
and did one color bow at a time.  I did the same thing for the ornaments.

The gold ornaments were inked with Encore Gold ink and heat embossed.
I added VersaMark through the stencil on the red ornament and bows.  Then I heat 
embossed them with clear powder to get the shine.

The greenery was sponged through a stencil made with a die.

The design was matted on a piece of matte gold foil leaving a thin frame
then placed on a piece of embossed cardstock.

This is a large stencil so my card is an A7 sized.

Challenges:
Christmas Kickstart #70 - Use a Stencil or Mask
Crazy is Our Fame Stencils is Our Game - ATG with stencil/option of Winter


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Lumberjack Plaid, Bundled Sage, Rustic Wilderness (DI), Encore Gold, VersaMark
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil
Other:  Damask Bauble Bow Stencil (Sweet Poppy), Pretty Pines Thinlits Die (ret SU), Gold EP, Clear EP, Forever Green EF (Spl)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

30 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love all the shine. The ornaments are so pretty, love the design. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

I love your lovely design, Bonnie! Beautiful ornaments and a wonderful handmade stencil!
=]

Bobby said...

I love your fancy ornaments, Bonnie, and I can just imagine the shine. Beautiful!

Sandy said...

This puts a big smile on my face! Love it!! You said you were going to start early this year making Christmas cards and you have!! I am still on Valentine's day and birthday cards.
Sandy xx

jimlynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous and I DO love that shine! A perfect design for that pretty stamp too.
LYnn

Jeanne H said...

Yes, this card is just gorgeous.

HilaryJane said...

It's beautiful and so crisp and clean. the masking definitely worked xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a wonderful stencil and your inking is perfect! Seems that taping is the way to go... I am such a lazy crafter lol!! Vicky x

Loll said...

So pretty! LOVE the bauble stencil ... gorgeous in the different colours of metallics. Fabulous stenciling of your greenery made from a die! Great way to stretch the use of your dies. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous trio of baubles, Bonnie! Just love them framed and matted atop the embossed pines too!!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! The details and embossing really make the designs stand out!

Brenda said...

Oh my, I am loving this card Bonnie! The baubles are so pretty as is the pine boughs and bows. Can't believe it is a stencil, I am really loving it. Just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Lisa Elton said...

I love the softness of the greenery with your pretty ornaments! Pretty card, Bonnie!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful heat embossed stenciled ornaments for your pretty framed Christmas card, Bonnie. TFS dear friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Bonnie - your stencilling has turned out perfectly
Blessings
Maxine

TK said...

Beautiful! Wonderful colors and the shine adds so much to the details.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Bonnie, you coloured the individual baubles so beautifully. I see you got Lumberjack plaid red- is it a real red?

Carole said...

A stunning card...love it! xx

Trina P. said...

So lovely. Beautiful stencilling work. I don’t know why I never think to ink blend metallic inks with my stencils. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Susan said...

Beautiful stencilling! It must be gorgeous in real life with the shine and texture of the heat embossing!

Linda said...

Bonnie this is so beautiful. I was surprised to see that it was a stencil. Awesome card.

Maria said...

Oh, such a lovely card with the delicate stenciled bulbs, so pretty!!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's really clever with the two stencils and all the different colors and embossing. It sure did turn out gorgeous! Love the dry embossed white base, too. Another one for Christmas!

Pat said...

What beautiful gold and red ornaments hanging and with a bow at the top of each, and the green stencilled pine branches for them to hang from look lovely Bonnie, also the embossed foliage is a wonderful background..a totally gorgeous card! x

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is such a pretty ornament card, Bonnie! I love the shiny baubles and the bows. It must have required a lot of care and attention to make the images stamped and heat-embossed so cleanly! The gold matte and the dry embossing on the card base are wonderful touches too.
Hideko xx

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful baubles, Bonnie.

Darlene said...

WOW! Sheer perfection! I am ALWAYS inspired by your designs! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Dotty Jo said...

Such a pretty card, Bonnie. Your masking worked a treat. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

TK said...

Congrats on Top Pick at Kickstart!

BożenA said...

Beautiful card composition, Bonnie. And a really laborious card. I love that you embossed the baubles and bows with clear EP, which gave a beautiful shine.
xx