Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Flowers from Wplus9

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm still playing with new to me sets from Wplus9.
I have really enjoyed using them.

First up using the colors from Color Hues.


I stamped and embossed with gold onto mixed media paper and used
Distress Markers and my waterbrush to color.

The shine is amazing when the light hits it.
So hard to photograph!

Then I inked and embossed it with white embossing powder.
It's so hard to see where to color, but I enjoy the results.


Last but not least...


I inked and embossed the smaller flower stamp with the gold.
Love that little bee!

I'll be back with the bird from this set and the bird from another set too.



Challenges:
Color Hues #56 - Pink & Red
NBUS #46 - Never Before Used Schtuff



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Vintage Ephemera (W9), Easy Expressions Original (Ton)
Ink:  Encore Gold, Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Real Red, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Gold EP, Thin Frames Rectangles Die (SSS)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Vintage Ephemera (W9), Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White, Early Espresso, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye, Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed (DM)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Early Espresso
Other:  White EP, Elongated Dotted Hexagon Die (Studio Katia)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps: Vintage Ephemera (W9), Snippets (PB) 
Ink:  Encore Gold, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed (DM)
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore), Black, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Gold EP, Subtle EF (ret SU), X Stitch Frame (Gina Marie Designs), Ranger Fine Letterer


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Each card is beautiful in its own way, Bonnie - but you really captured my attention with that water-y colored sympathy card! Just stunning!
Can't wait for the birds!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

All 3 are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie, but have to agree with Michele that the sympathy card is my favorite! (Probably because of the soft, pretty colors when it's so gray and white outside my window right now!) You totally made that stamp set shine though as all 3 cards are lovely!! Hugs. :0)

Marcia Hill said...

Oops, forgot to say thanks for joining us at the Color Hues Challenge!! :0)

Bobby said...

So glad you had time to play with that set, Bonnie, because you've made three fantastic cards. I love the darker butterflies on the first card. The softer look on the ssecond one is perfect for a sympathy card. I haven't seen a bee on a flower and that one really caught my eye. So dramatic on the black.

JoAnn said...

Three beautiful cards with all the gold and pretty flowers. The bee is cute setting on the lovely flower. Thanks for sharing these beauties. Have a wonderful day.

jimlynn said...

All three are gorgeous! I love the gold embossing and know it shines, shines, shines. Beautiful coloring too. Lovely cards Bonnie.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! A really beautiful set of cards.
Faith x

Leslie Miller said...

There's so much to love here, Bonnie! I know how gorgeous the gold embossing looks as you turn it in the light, and with your pretty coloring it's even better. The card with white embossing completely blows me away. So soft and lovely. Hard to believe it's the same stamp. The last is certainly not least with it's simplicity and contrast. I love how you play with your stamps!

Pat said...

Three beautiful florals Bonnie using this really pretty set. I love the red and pink with the gold embosssing and the thin frame shows it off so well, then the delightfully soft look of the watercolouring with the white embossing and a wonderful shape to the aperture, and lastly the subtle EF on the black makes a great background to the two flowers and gorgeous bee placed on that ornate white mat, and some more great gold embossing and super colouring. x

Mrs A. said...

What pretty stamp sets. I especially like the sympathy card. Hugs Mrs A.

Cat Craig said...

lovely cards, and I like that you got 3 differing designs and looks.

Nstiz said...

These are fantastic, Bonnie! I do love all three of them. I particularly like the one embossed in white. It appears to be a soft watercoloring at first glance. Do I spy yet another stamp set I have to have! You should get a commission for all the things I've purchased after seeing your cards!

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie, these are an amazing selection of beautiful water colour cards. I think I'm drawn to the softness of the white embossed ♥

Lisa Elton said...

This is a trio of prettiness, Bonnie! Love the variety but the sympathy card is my favorite!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful and beautiful trio Bonnie - I really love the third card - that is stunning in my eyes, whimsical and beautiful!
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda said...

Looks like you are enjoying this set from Wplus9 Bonnie! Your cards are gorgeous so I can see why! I am really loving the white embossed sympathy card, it is so soft and beautiful. Hugs, Brenda

HilaryJane said...

I love all 3 of these, just brilliant xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

You made great use of the new stamp set, Bonnie! All three cards are so beautiful! I especially love the second one - watercoloring over the white embossed outlines.
I'm also impressed with how you frame the beautiful flowers!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

All three cards are beautiful, Bonnie! I love the different ways you've used the stamp. It's always fun to have new toys to play with! :) xx

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Bonnie, I'm so thrilled to see these pretty sets from WPlus9 featured on your blog, and highlighted so beautifully. All of the cards are gorgeous, but I like the one with white embossing best. Thanks for joining us again at Color Hues!

TK said...

Really beautiful cards, Bonnie! Lovely flowers, and the gorgeous butterfly in card #2 really struck a chord with me!

Trina P. said...

All so lovely. Way to showcase its versatility. My favourite is the second one.

BożenA said...

Few colors and the card makes a stunning impression. I love the delicate touch of pink in the flower centers and the deep color of the butterflies. In combination with gold embossing, this color scheme is extremely elegant.
And the second card so different and so subtle in delicate pastels. Three memorable cards.
xx