Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Gingerbread Snowflake

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's time to start on my Christmas card stash for this year.
I do enjoy making Christmas cards when I'm not in a rush.


I pulled out an older and well loved gingerbread boy stamp and die.

He was stamped on kraft cardstock with heat embossed "icing".

He's popped on an embossed snowflake and I thought it would be fun for him
to hold a candy cane.

While I had him out, I stamped and die cut another and added him to a snippet piece
of patterned paper.


This time I used my pinpoint snowflake plate for the background and
some tiny resin hearts for his buttons.

Challenges:
Peace on Earth #31 - I was inspired by the top left photo in the mood board.  See that little gingerbread man with his candy cane?
Can You Handle the Pressure - Dry Embossing with a twist of snow

 



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Gingerbread Boy (Rubber Cottage), Christmas Candy Canes (Spl)
Ink:   Whisper White, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Paper:   Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar (SU), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Gingerbread Boy Die (RC), Christmas Candy Canes die (Spl), White EP, Clear EP, Red Sharpie, Holly Punch (MS), Holiday Sentiments 2 Glimmer Plate (Spl), Glimmer System

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps: Gingerbread Boy (Rubber Cottage), Christmas Candy Canes (Spl), Merry Up (PB)
Ink:  Whisper White, Real Red 
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Real Red, PP (?)
Other:  White EP, Clear EP, Gingerbread Boy Die (RC), Christmas Candy Cane die (Spl), Pinpoint Snowflake Plate (MB), Resin Hearts (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

21 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I do, I do see him! Bonnie they are both so cute - what was it you said? Good enough to eat! and a darling start to your 2023 stash!
=]

JoAnn said...

So cute. Great start to your Christmas card stash for 2023. I have had fun staring my stash also. Have a great day.
Hugs,

Sandy said...

I so agree with you Bonnie - I am getting ready to start on my Christmas cards too. But first I want to get a little ahead on my birthday cards.
I don't Think we will ever have snow where we live but I could cook up some gingerbread. I love the look, smell and taste of gingerbread. When my grand kids were little, they would come to our house at Christmas and we would make gingerbread houses.
I also think every year that I want to make ginger bread houses and men for Christmas cards. Well you beat me to the draw!! Although I prefer the gingerbread man on the snow flake, I do love the red buttons on the second yummy guy. This is not nearly as messy as making the real gingerbread men and decorating them!
"Oh what fun it is to ride" love visiting your blog!
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

I love the fancy icing on your darling gingerbread men, Bonnie. And those resin hearts made perfect buttons. It's like when I use red hots on mine. Good for you for getting started on Christmas.

Marcia Hill said...

Yummmmmmmm...and both SO CUTE too Bonnie! I'm working on my Christmas stash too as I waited too long last year...think I'd know better by now!! But anyway, both cards are absolutely ADORABLE!! Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

Love your gingerbread boy with his candy cane. Great layouts with the snowflake behind him on the first one and the festive scrap of dp on the second! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Cat Craig said...

These are darling cards, I think the one with the bit of plaid is my fave, though both are fab.

Pat said...

I just adore this cute gingerbread boy and with the added candy cane, and then the holly and gold twine on the first and the green twine on the second and heart buttons are great embellishments, and the embossed star and the red and green pp strip and the pierced snowflake coverplate design on the second make fabulous backgrounds. It's a good idea to make some Christmas cards throughout the year to save the last minute rush. x

Nstiz said...

This is not only cute it looks like a real gingerbread cookie with that icing! You always have a beautiful background for your artwork. Love this stamp and the way you used it on both cards.

Lisa Elton said...

Two adorable additions to your 2023 stash! I like the big snowflake behind the first fella!

TK said...

Very cute! Reminiscent of days gone by and the feeling of grandma

nancy littrell said...

Two fun and festive yummy gingerbread Boys Christmas cards for your 2023 stash..Wow! What a great start on your stash:-) Loved your heat embossed frosting on your cookies too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

What creative use of the stamp Bonnie, and two fabulous cards as a result
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

I missed your butterfly card yesterday and I love it. A gorgeous embossing folder too on the card.

This gingerbread man is adorable. Both cards are so cute and I am crazy about those resin heart buttons on the second one.

Brenda said...

Oh goodness, these gingerbread cards are adorable Bonnie! I love that cutie pie and I am loving that candy cane and pierced background of the second card. Perfect Christmas cards to kick start the new stash! Hugs, Brenda

BożenA said...

I love this beautiful white lace around the gingerbread man. The use of background embossing makes both cards so unique.
hugs,
BożenA

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, how cute these are! Your design skills are very evident in the way you showcased this adorable gingerbread man and candy cane. Love the plaid paper. It's never too soon to start!

Loll said...

Your gingerbreadmen are adorable Bonnie. Such a cute image and adorable with the snowflake and patterned paper. xx

Christine Alexander said...

This little gingerbread boy is so darn adorable, I can see why you love him :)

Trina P. said...

A couple of sweet gingerbread makes.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both gingerbread boy cards are so cute, Bonnie! Love the real-looking heat-embossed icing and the great designs!
Hideko xx