Saturday, June 15, 2024

Mountains

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Our swap theme last month for Craft Group was mountains.
It left me scratching my head!


Then I remembered this scene building set that's been sitting on the shelf for a 
few years.  It's not available from Stampin' Up anymore.  That's how long it's been
sitting there.  Although I think they retire their things way too quickly!

But I digress.

I ended up keeping this one for a Father's Day card.

I've inked, spritzed and stamped the mountains with Crumb Cake ink, then 
over-stamped with Pear Pizzaz.  For the mountain in the middle, I wiped ink off
the ends with my finger.

I used more stamps for the grass, stamping several times and 
adding lots of water to let the ink run.

To finish, I die cut a frame an popped it over the top after I embossed the main image.

I had die cut some of the designs for my swaps and had this frame left over.  


It was too pretty to throw away.  So I stamped some mountains and trees to go with it.  
I used lighter shades of ink or stamped off to get the feeling of distance and popped
the frame up with dimensional tape.

It was a perfect place to put this sentiment and ended up being my favorite.

Here's a peek at the cards I took to swap.



Challenges:
Cardz for Guys #349 - Father's Day




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Waterfront (SU), Let's Set Sail birds (SU)
Ink:   Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzaz, Mint Macaroon, Shaded Spruce, Emerald Envy (SU), Tumbled Glass Re-inker (DI)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Shaded Spruce
Other:   Mirrored Arch Labels (Spl), Tasteful Texture EF (SU)


Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Waterfront (SU), Blessings (PB)
Ink:   Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzaz, Mint Macaroon, Shaded Spruce, Emerald Envy, Sahara Sand, Garden Green (stamped off), Certainly Celery, Baked Brown Sugar (SU), Tumbled Glass Re-inker (DI)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:   , Tasteful Texture EF (SU), Pinpoint Curved Cap Layers die (MB)



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

All beautiful, each one a work of art, Bonnie! Now aren't you happy you had that one waiting in the wings? I'll bet your swappers were!
=]

JoAnn said...

Love this set and have it also. You created a lovely scene with it, and it is a perfect Father's Day card. Love your other cards too. TFS

Melanie Hungerford said...

That is such a great set for that water color look and for masculine cards, just love both of yours! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys!

Bobby said...

Majestic mountains, Bonnie. The scenes look so tranquil and I love the sentiment on the second one.

Pat said...

What wonderful scenic cards Bonnie, and I'm sure they will have been loved by your group, and I think you will be using this set again, now it has come down off your shelf. I particularly love the frame you used which had been cut from another card, and on each I love the idea of continuing the scene on the under layer. x

Brenda in IN said...

Wow! It was worth the wait to use this set. The mountains looks so authentic and I love how you colored them. Both frames are awesome.

Loll said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie. How lucky are the people that you swapped with!! LOVE your mountain scenes ... so peaceful. xx

Trina P. said...

These are so beautiful and picturesque… they should be framed! Love the design of your second card.

Sandy said...

I love both cards Bonnie but I must admit my favorite is the faith card.
Sandy xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, they're all so beautiful! Your favorite is my favorite, too. Such a peaceful scene.

Nstiz said...

These are fantastic, Bonnie. Scenics are not always easy to do but you did a bang up job on them. Love the colors as well as the design. You inspired me to try another one again. Great cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous use of the stamp(s) Bonnie, and a beautiful set of cards you took to the swap. Loving the Faith card - that is amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

I don't know how I got so behind in commenting Bonnie, but these scenic cards are STUNNING and perfect for so many occasions! LOVE them!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

A slew of gorgeous mountain cards, Bonnie! These are really special and beautiful -- well done!

dj said...

What a beautiful set of card...the mountain scenes that you stamps out are just awesome!! Thanks for play along with our "Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz...I am sure your card made some dad smile!!
Deb Horst, DT #C4G349