Friday, June 28, 2024

Monochrome for Group of Seven Cardmakers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

This month the Group of Seven is making monochrome cards.

I really enjoy making monochrome cards so I made a few.

First up in shades of pink...


I saw this video and got right to work.  I chose three shades of pink cardstock
and used one for the background and all three to die cut.  The butterfly is a sticker
from Spellbinders.  It's so convenient and I love the layered details.

Then I went with a Christmas card with the same layout.


I strategically stamped with a background stamp on the smallest die cut label and
heat embossed it before stacking the layers and adding a layered die cut snowflake.

I still had the key embossing folder and die set on the table so I used shades of gray
to make a masculine birthday card.  


It's very similar to this card.  I hope you don't mind.

You'll probably be seeing more monochrome cards here in the next month and
my fellow GO girls have some fantastic cards to share with you too.  There's a linky
at the GO7 site if you'd like to join us.
 


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Diamond Botanical (Taylored Expressions)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Merry Merlot, Vellum
Other:  Curved Cap Pinpoint Layers (MB), Criss Cross Motif EF (Spl), Floral Friendship Butterflies Stickers (Spl)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Christmas Story (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Vellum, Blues
Other: Pinpoint Main Street Tags (PS)
Snowflakes EF (MS), White EP, Stitched Alpine Snowflake dies (PS), Silver Twine

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Whisper White, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Going Gray, Smoky Slate, Silver Foil
Other: Captivating Keys EF & Dies (SSS)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Monochrome-tastic, Bonnie! In all shades - especially those greys - you might say it holds the key to my heart!
Loving all the pretty layered frames and tags!
=]

Christine Alexander said...

three beautiful cards Bonnie, your key card is a stunner with the greys ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

3 gorgeous examples of monochrome. x

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful layers of die cut framings on both of your cards Bonnie! The background embossings are so pretty on both of them - Love your embossed keys as well with the die cut silver set layered over it - wonderful examples of monochrome! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

I love your layered labels on both cards and those embossed keys are fantastic! Marvelous cards, Bonnie!

Marcia Hill said...

I love, LOVE all 3 cards Bonnie, and would definitely say you aced this month's challenge!! I love how much depth you can achieve with the different shades of one color, and all 3 of your cards showcase it beautifully! Well done my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Sandy said...

Wonderful cards Bonnie! Where do you get the time?? I am a big slow poke with everything I do.
Sandy xx

TK said...

Very pretty, Bonnie! I love monochromatic, and all three of your cards are spectacular examples of just how pretty they can be!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh my goodness! Your cards are so very elegant! I l;ove the beautiful shades of muted pink! Blue is always a winner and the key card is so classy!

Susan said...

Such a great combination of pinks in the first card. Wonderful blues and white on the second. Love all those layered tags on both cards. The masculine one is fabulous in greys and the keys are a great theme.

Darnell said...

You always give me so many layering design ideas, so thank you, Bon! These are all lovely when it comes to shades and layers and texture, but that masculine number with the dangling keys is my fave! Hugs, Dolly

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie these are all gorgeous - love the concept of a textured background with 'smooth' layering, with the centre layer being the focal point.
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

Great trio of cards Bonnie. Love your layers and embossed keys. The pretty pink one really caught my eye.

Brenda in IN said...

All three are great. I love the layers using the dies but I'm adding my vote to the key card. It is awesome.

Bobby said...

Where did the time go? I never got a bokeh card made and now it's time for monochrome. Hopefully I have enough papers to make one. You used all those layered dies to make such wonderful cards, Bonnie. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting that key folder and die. It's fantastic!

Loll said...

Three lovely monochromatic cards Bonnie. LOVE the shades of pink (no surprise there!). The embossed backgrounds makes a beautiful backdrop to your layered tags ... they look awesome! The butterfly is perfect to finish off the fabulous card. This layout is so versatile and looks fabulous in shades of blue too. The keys embossing is just perfect for a masculine card and looks great in shades of gray. Great work, my friend!! xx

Karen said...

All three are wonderful! (I saw the same video and pinned those cards!) The pretty-in-pink card is so lovely, love the white embossed background with the three blues on top, and those dangling keys on the third card are a fabulous embellishment!

HilaryJane said...

Three gorgeous monochromatic cards. Love the use of layers on the first 2 and the shades of grey on the third one xx

Leslie Miller said...

I do love making monochrome cards, too. It really helps with the decision making process, but I suppose things could still go wrong. You definitely got all the shades wonderfully right on your cards! These are all so lovely. The Christmas card seems especially eye catching. I love the layered tags. You can repeat the key card as many times and in as many colors as you wish and I'll still think it's fabulous!

Cat Craig said...

I so love a monochrome card. ITs no stress fun to make. Your examples are fab!