Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Lemony

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Here's another one of those stamp sets that retired before I could use it.
I'm sure you can find something similar if you are looking.


I embossed a piece of Neenah 110 lb Solar White cardstock with the 3D embossing 
folder and colored the lemons and leaves with Copics.

It has a die with the bundle so I cut the lemons and taped them into the embossing
folder with the ones that matched up with the dies and embossed.  Then I colored them
up to match the background.

After splitting and trimming the background, I popped the die cut and embossed
lemon pieces over the top

We'll be doing another card using this set in class later this week.
I love getting more than one design from a set!



Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - ATG Embossing with option of fruit or veggie
Four Seasons - Summer
NBUS #63 - Never Before Used Schtuff

  







Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sentiment Strips (Alt)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Sweet Citrus Die & EF (ret SU), Copics (Y13, Y15, YG03)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


26 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So fresh and delightful, Bonnie! but now I want lemon pie for breakfast!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

I have this same set too Bonnie and have never used it...guess I better get busy! Sweet and colorful card and makes me want to head over to Michele's for some lemon pie for breakfast!! I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you came too! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

Lemons are refreshing and your card has a fresh and happy look to it, Bonnie. Great job with the coloring!

Pat said...

The lemons look so real with all the texture from the 3D embossing folder Bonnie, and love the added die cut ones over the top and the split revealing the yellow background wide enough to take the sentiment finishes this beautifully. x

LeAnne said...

This beautiful card has me wanting a big glass of lemonade! Those lemons are so realistic! It's gorgeous!

Susan said...

Beautiful - instantly made me crave some homemade lemonade! Love the way you combined embossed and die cut lemons.

Nstiz said...

This card is so refreshing and different. Love the techniques you used to create it and thanks for describing your process. Another imaginative card, Bonnie!

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad to see that you have now used this set. It is wonderful. You have made those lemons look so juicy and I love how you have added the sentiment xx

Loll said...

Fun set Bonnie. What a bright and happy way to say "hello". :) xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a bright and refresshing lemon card, Bonnie!! And I hear you - I'm constantly using retired items for the first time!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's nice! Those lemon slices look almost real. Of course, you had me at the yellow. Love this lots, Bonnie!

Judy Woodland said...

This is so pretty. I love the bright yellow, and you have colored those lemons perfectly. Great use of that embossing folder, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along over at Can You Handle the Pressure, I hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

Julia Aston said...

Those lemons look so dimensional Bonnie - they make my lips purse with the thought of biting into them! So bright and sunny for a summer card! Julia xx

Cat Craig said...

With the heat and humidity, that card has me longing for a nice cold lemonade.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful layout Bonnie, the lemons make the card look so fresh. I love the extra slices layered over the embossed ones ♥

TK said...

Fun card -- bring on the summer lemonade!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a light delightful card, Bonnie. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Four Seasons.

nancy littrell said...

OMG...my mouth is watering and wanting a large lemonade, but I have settled on a cold ice tea while I enjoy your beautiful new card, Bonnie:-) TFS and keep cool with a yummy lemonade, dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful lemony card Bonnie - love all the texture and the gorgeous colour you have going there.
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

LOVE all the lemons Bonnie! Made me 'pucker up' lol. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Craftychris said...

So bright and beautiful! Take care. Hugs xxx💖💖💖

Brenda in IN said...

Those stamps really show off the dimensions of the pulp in the lemons and your coloring is perfect. I find I keep sucking in my cheeks as I read this!

Trina P. said...

Another yummy yellow creation. Looks so refreshing.

Sandy said...

Pucker Up Sugar Pie!
Sandy xx

Vicky Hayes said...

More happy sunshine yellow! I love that diagonal sentiment and the dimensional embossing! Vicky x

Darnell said...

This is a fun example of dies that are included with e/fs, Bon! The extra layer of texture and dementia really make this a juicy work of art! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! No matter how old! (I looked at something the other day that I hadn't used and thought I'd had for only a coupla years. Then I saw the date on it was 2018!) Hugs, Dolly