Monday, June 17, 2024

Yellow Roses

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

On this card, I've used the stamp set that my friend lent to me.

I'm going to be singing The Yellow Rose of Texas all day now.


I stamped the flowers on Mixed Media paper with Warm Glow ink and colored
with Zigs and my trusty waterbrush.

For the background, I used a new to me embossing folder that a sweet friend
recently sent to me.  Thank you, my friend.

The narrow panel was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.  It's a shame
that it's retired now!  I've added a slightly larger piece of linen patterned paper to
peek out from each side.

The yellow "splatters" are stamped and the black done with a Micron pen.

Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. inspiration this week is Embossing Folders for week three of the month.

Challenges:
The Flower Challenge #92 - Use the sketch below

 
  



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Garden Rose (Alt), Snippets (PB), Splatters (?)
Ink:   Warm Glow (GKD), Crushed Curry, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Solar White, Linen PP (Doodlebug)
Other:  Garden Rose Die (Alt), Checkered Scallops EF (Spl), Zigs (yellow, mustard, May Green, Deep Green)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

If I knew the song Yellow Rose of Texas, I'd probably be singing it all day too Bonnie! Your yellow roses are soooo pretty, and you used our sketch beautifully with your embossing folders and the lovely yellow roses! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge my friend...you know we always love seeing your creations in our gallery!! Hugs. :0)

Nstiz said...

This is SUPER, Bonnie! Your painting is spot on with perfect shading. Love the way you finished this off too. This one is just fabulous!

JoAnn said...

Those yellow roses are gorgeous with your perfect watercoloring, such lovely detail in them.Love all the different elements you used. Gorgeous card my friend.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the yellow roses and design x

I Card Everyone said...

"She's the sweetest little rose bud that Texas ever knew!"
What a gorgeous bright addition to our TFC gallery, too!

OH, do I love your yellow roses, Bonnie!
=]

Pat said...

Very pretty yellow roses Bonnie and the mix of embossing in the background looks beautiful and framed perfectly by the coordinating paper showing each side of the central panel. x

Brenda in IN said...

This is a gorgeous card and so cheerful. I'm not a big fan, however of now having to sing "The Yellow Rose of Texas" all day since it's in my head!

LeAnne said...

Bonnie, this is just gorgeous! What a wonderful image and sketch....evokes warm summer days for sure!

Darnell said...

Texas just might use this for their promos, Bon! It's beautiful! Excellent embossing and a great take on the sketch! Thank you for playing with my I.D.E.A.S.!📌 Hugs, Dolly

HilaryJane said...

Those yellow flowers are gorgeous and I love the central panel. What a great way to add interest xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful yellow roses, Bonnie, & I love the embossing behind them!!

Susan said...

Made me think of my Mum - she grew fabulous roses and yellow ones were her favourites! Gorgeous colouring, great details with the splatters and little yellow borders.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful colouring of the roses and love your new EF ♥

Ida said...

I like the song, Yellow Rose of Texas and I like your card. Very pretty.

nancy littrell said...

Thank you Bonnie for sharing your beautiful floral card, dear friend. Your card is a wonderful gift. Love and Hugs, Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

Such gorgeous roses Bonnie - Love the texture, and the stamped splats. As soon as I saw your title, I was thinking of the song!!
Blessings
Maxine :)

Bobby said...

Now that song is going to be in my head too, Bonnie. Your yellow roses are beautiful and I love the two embossed panels together. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out and The Flower Challenge.

Cat Craig said...

Been on a vacay to Ohio to see the folks. So catching up. Have loved seeing your collection of cards, happy to comment on this most current card...I adore yellow roses and this card is perfect.

TK said...

Beautiful, Bonnie!!! Wow, love the yellow roses

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful roses! I love this sketch and you've used it so well. Yes, it's a shame the Subtle EF is retired. I think I might be wearing mine out. Got to love those controlled splatters, too.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow!!! This is such a Gorgeous card, Bonnie!! Love your colouring so much. Thank you for playing with us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

Nance said...

Elegant was the first word that came to mind when I saw this card, Bonnie. I love yellow roses more than red ones. Very lovely!

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm loving seeing all the interpretations of this sketch Bonnie! Love your version with its texture and splatters and those gorgeous yellow roses. Thank you for coming to play with us at The Flower Challenge. Vicky x