Thursday, June 13, 2024

More Lemons

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I used the lemon stamp set from this card for a card in my last class.  Since I had a 
leftover kit, I decided to use it for the Color Hues Challenge.


I made a few changes in the background color and leaves to fit this challenge
and added an extra lemon to the front.

The leaves were cut from white and colored with some yellow ink with
blue sponged over the top.  It left a blue color but a different shade of blue from the
sentiment and splatters.

I'm loving the die and embossing folder combos...As long as I remember to cut first,
then emboss!

Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - ATG with embossing folder (did not use the option)
Color Hues #88 - Blue and Yellow

 




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sweet Citrus (ret SU), Every Day Sayings (HA)
Ink:   Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Pacific Point
Other:  Sweet Citrus Die and EF (ret SU), Subtle EF (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Truly a darling card that's sure to make the recipient pucker up, Bonnie! SO cute!
=]

JoAnn said...

Those lemons look so real. The splatters make a great background. Great card.

LeAnne said...

Love this! I think I need a tall glass of lemonade after seeing this beauty!

Marcia Hill said...

Such a perfect card for our color challenge Bonnie, and those lemons truly do look real! Love how you tied in the blue with the leaves, splatters and framing too! Thanks so much for sharing this sweet, sweet card with us at the Color Hues Challenge my friend! Hugs. :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful card, I love your use of the colours. x

Vicky Hayes said...

Those lemons look SO juicy Bonnie! I love the way you made those the big splash of yellow and then went subtler with the blues in the background. Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

Those lemons are so realistic! This is just the prettiest card, Bonnie! Love the arrangement and the background. Perfect for the color challenge, too!

Nstiz said...

I am loving the texture in that stamp! Those lemons look so fresh! You designed this beautifully and once again I wish I could be there for one of your classes! I do like the blue accents on this card too!

HilaryJane said...

Those colours do look really good together and your lemons look really juicy. A great card xx

Bobby said...

So refreshing, Bonnie, and ready for some lemonade.

Nancy said...

What a lemony delight, Bonnie! You always seem to take our colors and do something a bit unexpected. I would never tire of coming by your blog as I never see the same thing twice. Thank you for always giving our challenge at Color Hues your best. Hugs!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your cheery cluster of lemons, Bonnie - wonderful with the blue accents!!

Pat said...

Those lemon slices look as though they are ready to put into a refresshing G & T Bonnie, and I love the blue spatters and the yellow with blue over the top has made a pretty greeny blue colour, and the dark blue ink and coordinating mat layer are perfect. x

Karen said...

You've convinced me that I need a lemon stamp and die. What a wonderfully refreshing card this is! Love your card design! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

TK said...

Wow! That has to be the realest looking fruit I've ever seen! The stamp must be fantastic but the texture makes it look even more so -- great card, Bonnie

nancy littrell said...

Oh my!!!! Your Lemons are making my mouth water, Bonnie:-) TFS your beautiful spring lemons card, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Bonnie - those lemons look so 'real', and the splatters are just right :) Love the blue framing that ties everything together
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful colour combo and the lemons look so pretty with the yellow and blue splatters (dots) behind ♥

Cindy Beach said...

I love these lemons, they have such great texture and really pop with all that white space. A great use of our colors, Bonnie, thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Susan said...

Another great card using the lemons! Love the yellow and blue colour combination.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Perfect use of the colour duos.

Darlene said...

OH my friend ... this is just AWESOME! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power