Thursday, June 27, 2024

Pink Poppies

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I had been eyeing this stamp for a long time and it finally found it's way
into my collection.  I am so glad I finally got it because it was a joy to color.


I placed the stamp in my MISTI and inked with Distress markers to get a 
no-line watercolor look.

The first thing I did was to use a micron pen to go over the center of the
largest poppy.  Then I used the markers to add more color to the bases of the
petals and areas that needed some shading.  It took a lot of water to pull the color,
but the hot press watercolor paper held up well.

After it was dry, I used watercolor pencils to add more detail. then 
went over all of it with a wet brush to pull color out from the edges for
a loose watercolor look.

One of the flowers didn't look so good so I found a butterfly in my stash to
hide some of it.  I do love an opportunity for a butterfly!

This is a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish to a very sweet and special friend.
You know who you are.  Happiest Birthday!

Challenges:
Penny Black Saturday - STG Penny Black-Option Happy Birthday







Card Recipe
Stamps:  Brilliant (PB), All Occasions (Jane's Doodles)
Ink:   Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss (DM), Basic Black SU Marker, Aged Mahogany (for splatters), Whisper White 
Paper:   Arches Hot Press Watercolor, lack, Neenah Solar White, Vellum
Other:  Micron Pen, Flutter Side Butterfly (MB), White EP, Black Nuvo Drops


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

19 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, your mystery birthday person is going to love your pretty poppies - I sure do!
It's a lovely addition to your poppy collection!
=]

Sandy said...

Well it's a mystery to me! Mystery or no mystery, your birthday card sure is pretty!
Sandy xx

TK said...

Absolutely stunning, Bonnie! This is SO gorgeous!

Carol D. said...

Hello Bonnie, Love your coloring. Stamping, and using pencils made a great combo. Nice stamp.

Bobby said...

I love poppies and you really brought these to life with your wonderful coloring, Bonnie. I bet I know who will get this card. She'll love it as do I.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, as usual! You do flowers SO WELL! And the butterfly is a lovely addition!

Darnell said...

I'm sure your special friend loved this beauty, Bon! It's downright gorgeous! Glad you finally got this fun-to-color stamp and I love the added butterfly and schplatters! Love, Dolly

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is so very beautiful. x

Nstiz said...

How I envy your talent for watercoloring and the loose color in the background! This is so beautifully done. Great save with the butterfly although I imagine that one flower was just fine. Hot press watercolor paper always gave me fits and pilled like crazy. Glad you had good luck with yours.

JoAnn said...

This is gorgeous. I know your friend will love this beautiful card. You do so well with the watercoloring, I am envious. Thanks for sharing.

Loll said...

STUNNING card, my sweet friend. LOVE IT! Your colouring is amazing ... and I love the butterfly ... perfection! Made my day very special! xx

Marcia Hill said...

I had a feeling this one was for Loll, and I was right! You did an AWESOME job coloring up those Poppies Bonnie, and the butterfly looks like it was always meant to be right where you put it! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

I figured this one was for Loll - her birthday and her colours! Love the soft pinks and the use of the butterfly to cover up the bit you weren't happy with. And I really love the way you had the colours bleed out slightly for the background.

kiwimeskreations said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card Bonnie - love that loose watercolour effect, and the gorgeous halos of colour around the images!
Blessings
Maxine

Vicky Hayes said...

Of course you had to have that beautiful floral Bonnie! I love the watercolouring which gives exactly the right delicate look for these delicate flowers. Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

That stamp found the perfect home with you, Bonnie! This is beautifully done!

HilaryJane said...

that butterfly was a great idea. I love your soft water colouring too. Such a great effect xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is so very pretty Bonnie! I love the loose watercolour effect! Thanks for sharing at PBSC:) x jenny

Leslie Miller said...

I know your special friend loves pink and Penny Black and watercolor, so I'm sure she was as smitten with this card as I am! Your labor of love is absolutely gorgeous!