Friday, August 6, 2010

My Garden

I'm teaching a class next week on doing embossed butterflies. This was left over from the dry run.


He's going to go in the Free For All challenge today to do a card based on your garden. My garden in non-existent. There are a few daisies by the front steps. One blossomed. I didn't plant any flowers because we were going to be moving from here this month. Plans have changed. We'll be staying here a while longer, but still no flowers to speak of. I have seen several butterflies though.

So my card has embossed flowers to represent the lone daisy. I used the whacked Finial Press Embossing folder to do the embossing. (You can let Sandi show you how to whack it here.) I embossed one side of the 3" x 4" piece of Whisper White, then put it back through with the embossing folder on the adjacent side.


The butterfly is stamped with Black StazOn, colored with Su Markers, smacked with VersaMark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

The mat is 3 1/8" x 4 1/8" Night of Navy. The sentiment is stamped with Night of Navy.


All of this sits on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Daffodil Delight base card.


I guess the butterfly is leaving because he didn't find any flowers. Maybe next year I can plant some flowers.


Have a great weekend.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

This is very pretty!! You did a great job of representing your nonexistent garden :) Beautiful butterfly--nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card, Bonnie. I love your layout, and the butterfly looks perfect placed on the embossed panel x