Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blackeyed Susan

When I was a little girl, we lived next to a meadow that was filled with wildflowers. My favorites were Blackeyed Susans. My Mom called me Susie, I don't know why, and she said I was her blackeyed Susie.

Memories! How nice!

I dug into my UFO (UnFinished Objects) box for the sketch challenge. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of that! I'll bet that I stamped 100 flowers from the Heartfelt Thanks set! I still have a bunch left.

The flower uses two-step stamping. I did the flower in Summer Sun and the stem & leaves in Garden Green. The center is stamped in Chocolate Chip. (I'm pretty sure these colors are right. It's been a while since I stamped them.)

I used Daffodil Delight for the base card. The sizes of the other elements can be found here on SCS.

I wanted lots of white, since I used a colored base and I'm really enjoying my embossing folders, so I embossed a piece of white with the Finial Press EF and another with the Square Lattice EF. All the sections are matted with Early Expresso. I stamped the wish from the Short & Sweet set, just inking the one word with the Early Expresso marker.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Short & Sweet
Ink: Summer Sun, Garden Green, Early Expresso
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Early Expresso, Whisper White
Acc.: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Big Shot, Finial Press & Square Lattice Embossing
Folders

Whew, it's really late. Luke is spending the night and it's been a long day. I think I'll leave you all and get some rest while I can.

'night,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

I'm still loving your alien-free UFO box, Bonnie!! What a great card. Super use of the sketch :)