Monday, August 2, 2010

Polka Dots and Decorative Paper

Was it last week that I mentioned my extensive collection of Decorative Paper? I really need some help with getting my stash down. The reason is because I'm drooling over several of Stampin' Up!'s new DSP sets. My room and stash space is limited so I'm on a no growth policy. Can't buy any more until I get rid of some.


Today's CAS challenge, to use polka dots, was a big help. My friend Karen gave me some awesome paper last year. I think she thought I would be doing a scrapbook for my granddaughter.


It exhausts me to think about scrapbooks. I have several photo albums that are falling apart and probably a million pictures stashed in various boxes. Do you have any idea how many scrapbooks that would entail? I would have to do for all 3 daughters and all 4 grandchildren. My oh my. I don't think so!


But this paper was perfect for the challenge and I just happen to need some cards to give as a shower gift to a young friend who is expecting a baby girl in a couple of months.

I had already cut into the paper, so I don't know who to credit for it, except Karen of course. The stamp is from a long ago retired set called Wonderful Words. I stamped it in Basic Gray. The pink strip was in my scrap box. The card is Whisper White & the ribbon is Pretty in Pink Satin. I used the Scallop Edge Punch on both long sides of the pink and the Scallop Trim Corner Punch on the ends of the sentiment piece.


The second card is even simpler. Again, I don't know who to credit the paper to. The card base is Whisper White. The sentiment is from Kind & Caring thoughts and stamped in Cherry Cobbler. The ribbon is Whisper White Satin. I wrapped a piece around the paper and attached a bow with glue dots.

Both of these are super simple and quick. Perfect for sets.

It's so much fun working with baby pink. It brings back memories of making announcements for Emme, and holding her, and rocking her. She's such a sweetie now, but she's too busy for much more than a quick kiss and cuddle with Nana. She was here yesterday and her cousin Luke, who is two, showed her how to lift her feet when she dances. Needless to say, we had some high steppin' going on around here. Her cousin Gavin, 5 was playing some funky music on the computer to keep them going. What fun!

Hope you got to spend time with loved ones over the weekend. Hope you got to stamp too.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

No comments: