Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Silhouette Sentiments Again

I just love this Hostess Level 1 set. It's got such dainty little images. I used it for another card for the CAS challenge this week. The challenge is to use Tempting Turquoise, Kraft (Crumb Cake) & Whisper White.

This time I inked the bird with my Tempting Turquoise SU Marker & the branch with the Crumb Cake marker. Once I stamped it, I used the Clearlits die on the BIG GUY to cut the little scalloped rectangle with the image in the middle. It's so nice that you can see exactly where your image is going to be! I used a Sponge Dauber & the Turquoise chalk from my Stampin' Pastels to sponge around the edges a bit. The Paper Piercer worked real well to dress up the scallops. This is matted on a 1 3/4" x 2 3/8" piece of Tempting Turquoise with rounded corners.

The sentiment piece was stamped with Crumb Cake then I inked the ends of the branch, stamped off and stamped around the sentiment randomly, punched with the smaller of the Large Ovals (it used to be the small oval), and pierced around. The mat is punched with the Modern Label Punch. I cut it in half and overlapped the ends to make it a bit shorter.

All this is on a Whisper White card with the front embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Silhouette Sentiments
Ink: Tempting Turquoise & Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Early Expresso SU Markers
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Acc.: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Clearlit, Oval & Modern Label Punches, Paper Piercer

This card is lighter and brighter than the one I posted yesterday. It's definitely a gal card.

I really need to go read. I am reading a really good book, On Folly Beach by Karen White. It's due Thursday and I've still got a lot left.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Very pretty! I like the delicate look of the bird and the embossed background. :)