Thursday, February 28, 2019

Embossed and Sanded

Hello and welcome.

I hope you are having a nice day.


I used a piece of dry embossed Coredinations cardstock that has been sanded to
give a peek at the core of the cardstock.  A friend gave me this piece so I don't
know the name of the embossing folder.

The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed with gold and a thin gold foil
mat borders the piece.

I'm entering in
The Male Room Challenge
where my friend Mac is the Guest Designer.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Thoughtful Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Encore Gold
Paper:   Coredinations, Naturals Ivory (Ret. SU)
Other:  Embossing Folder (?), Gold EP


10 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This is a FABULOUS card Bonnie and how perfect for a guy card...LOVE it!! I have all kinds of coordinations cs that I should dig out and play with after seeing this beauty...thanks for the inspiration!! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful card Bonnie, I think i have some sandable paper some where. thanks for the inspiration to pull it out and play :)

Trina P. said...

Perfect masculine card, Bonnie. What a great idea to sand it and give it a rugged look. xx

Bobby said...

I was going to give all my kraft core paper away but I think I'm going to pull out a few pieces just in case. This looks great for a masculine card, Bonnie.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

With both my hats on Bonnie, this is fabulous. I love the embossing and then the sanding to give a great effect. Also love the angle of the sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG / No Designer Papers challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

The Male Room
themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Mac Mable said...

Such a perfect masculine card. So classy, so CAS and thank you for the reminder about using the card stock and sanding it back.....The texture from the embossing folder and the sanding looks wonderful. Thank you for the shout out my friend x.

Linby said...

What a great idea and it looks so effective whilst being CAS.
Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room challenge.
Linby x
DT

Andreja said...

Beautiful card and the embossing is so beautiful :-)) Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Loll said...

This is so cool, Bonnie! LOVE how the cardstock shows a different colour underneath. Great masculine card! xx

Jo said...

OMG I completely forgot that I have some of this cardstock. Love the partial sanding keep the BG very rich. Great simple elegant design! xx