Saturday, February 16, 2019

Wings to the Heart

Hello.  I'm back with a card for all of you.


There's still time to join in with Marcia's challenge at

I put the Bleeding Hearts stamp in the MISTI and used Distress Markers
to ink the stamp.  After stamping, I used a waterbrush and some ink
smooshed on my palette to color in the image.  The beauty of the MISTI
is that I can stamp multiple times to get my lines back if necessary.

I thought this sentiment from Papertrey Ink was fitting.
It also says what I feel about all of you.
If only those wings could physically get me somewhere!

Our fabulous Design Team and mega-talented Guest Designer, Darnell
have lots of wonderful inspiration for you.
I hope you'll join us at 


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bleeding Hearts (TT), Heart Prints Sentiments (PTI))
Ink:   Distress Markers ( Festive Berries, Candied Apple, Fired Brick, Pumice Stone, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss), Versafine Smokey Gray
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Basic Gray (SU)
Other:  Rainstones (PTI) 


12 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Bonnie, you always amaze me with your delicate watercolour wash backgrounds :)

Loll said...

Your bleeding hearts are so pretty Bonnie. I love those delicate flowers and used to pick them from my mom's garden when I was little. This card brings back good memories for me. :) Love the soft watercolouring and your wonderful sentiment. xx

Mac Mable said...

So artsy and absolutely beautiful. Love the water colour effect and the stamp is fabulous...as is the sentiment x.

Marcia Hill said...

Your water coloring on those bleeding hearts is so soft and lovely Bonnie...absolutely BEAUTIFUL card and I love that sentiment too!! :0)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful distress marker watercoloring, Bonnie! Basic gray card base complements the color of the bleeding hearts so well. I love the sentiment too. Now I feel Cary doesn't seem so far. :-)
Hideko xx

Susan said...

Beautiful red bleeding hearts, and a perfect pink wash around it. I have pink bleeding hearts in my garden every spring - such lovely simple flowers to grow! And you chose a perfect sentiment to go with it!

Brenda in IN said...

Gorgeous watercolor and a very touching sentiment. I feel the same.

Trina P. said...

Oh my gosh, Bonnie, these bleeding hearts bring back memories from my childhood. As always, you’ve watercoloured them beautifully. Love the sentiment. xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful, love the artsy feel that it has with the watercolour wash.
xx Karen

Tee said...

Beautiful bleeding hearts! And the sweet sentiment is perfect! Gorgeous card!

Robyn Oliver said...

This is just a wonderful card Bonnie... love the pretty bleeding hearts and that sentiment is so special.... love too the versatility of the Misti, fabulous work here

BożenA said...

Beautiful watercolor, I love the background around flowers, it looks like a gentle color bleeding. Thank you for sharing this amazing card
BożenA xx