Saturday, February 23, 2019

Seeing Stars for the Twofer and Jingle Belles

Hello friends.  I can't believe how fast this month is rolling by!


Darnell's Twofer Challenge this month is

First up is a birthday card.

I die cut this star and smacked it with VersaMark.  It's been heat embossed
with clear embossing powder.  I repeated this several times to get a thick embossing.

All that embossing caused the star to curl a little.  It was a nice shape, but
difficult to adhere to the card.  So I tried to straighten it.  Well, it cracked.  So I 
bent it a little more this way and that way until I had lots of cracks.
I kind of liked it that way.

Here's a close up so you can see what you think.

The pictures don't do it justice.  It's really much brighter IRL.

Twofer:....

My second card was inspired by the 
ALL THAT GLITTERS

I die cut the star from some Silver Glimmer cardstock and popped it
on an already embossed piece.  The bow was cut from some red foil
and I snipped the hanger to reposition above the bow.

The sentiment is heat embossed so this has sparkle and shine.

Since I used snippets for my stars, I'm going over to
for a quick swing and a positive yes for the fabulous prize.



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Many Everyday Messages (HA)
Ink:   VersaMark, Encore Gold
Paper:   Dapper Denim, Gold Foil, Real Red  (SU), Neenah
Other:  Lucky Stars EF, Stars Framelits, Star Punch, Clear EP, Gold EP (SU), Score Buddy

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Holiday Sayings (Inky Antics)
Ink:   Encore Silver
Paper:   Neenah (110 lb. solar white), Red Foil, Silver Glimmer (SU)
Other:  Pine Bough EF, Stars Framelits, Silver EP (SU), Crisp Bows Die (MB)


19 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

great Twofer Bonnie, love your dry embossing on the Christmas card and your birthday card would make a perfect masculine card :)

Darnell said...

Two beautiful designs, Bonnie! I think you have just created something new and exciting in Blogland with that happy accident with the double-decker star on your birthday card! It looks like expensive leather! I can't wait to try it myself and I'm sure everyone who sees it will feel that way. I also love the glittery star ornament on your Christmas tree! It looks fantastic with the pretty metallic ribbon hanging from that pine e/f! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like your cracked star! Glad you explained 'cause I was wondering about the look of it. It makes a really cute birthday card! Your Christmas card is sooo pretty! The embossed fir boughs provide just the perfect backdrop for your glittery star, keeping your card beautifully clean and simple. Thanks for joining us at Twofer, Bonnie!

Brenda said...

Love both of these twofers Bonnie! Your "metal" looking star is so awesome and the cracks in the embossing just makes it look even more rustic! Great card design too! Your twofer is so pretty, I am loving the pine bough embossing folder! The Shining star hanging from the boughs just finishes off this card perfectly! Hugs, Brenda

Di said...

Two really great cards Bonnie! Such fun that you came to play again - and I do love the cracked star idea, you really couldn't make that one up! Got you on the yes please list for a shot at winning one of the tree dies!

Hugs

Di xx

BożenA said...

Two completely different cards. A very ingenious use of the celebrity for such a variety of occasions. Great suggestions for the Twofer challenge.
Hugs,
BozenA

Carole said...

Two great cards Bonnie.....I remember that cracking technique!...showing my age...lol xx

Susan said...

Fabulous starry Twofer! Especially the Christmas one with that great embossing folder to create the branches for hanging the lovely glittery star.

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful star cards. Your happy accident created a lovely star, so glad you shared it.

Mac Mable said...

Well done you Bonnie on making the deadline...I missed it...I have been thinking too much about it and not doing it...Both of your cards are wonderfully designed and love the embossing and the cracks on the Birthday card. Great texture on both of the cards and great ways to use the star die cut x

Nstiz said...

I love the simple elegance of both cards, Bonnie! If it's bowed it sure doesn't show in the photo. I too have had that happen and the heat gun can melt it back together. Love the silver star too with that wonderful die cut bow. That's been on my wish list for a long time. It looks particularly beautiful in that red foil.

Marcia Hill said...

Two great cards Bonnie! LOVE your cracked star card...what a happy accident that turned out to be!! Love your Christmas card too...so CAS and just perfect with the embossed background and glittery star! Great job on both my friend! :0)

SmilynStef said...

What beautiful embossing ... love that glittery star ... so glad you helped us *shine* at Jingle Belles.

Trina P. said...

Terrific star twofers, Bonnie. Stars make me think of birthdays and Christmas too. And way to just go with the cracking... adds cool texture and dimension (will have to remember this). When it happened to me, I re-heated then manipulated it flat until it cooled. xx

Loll said...

Your star cards are awesome Bonnie! LOVE your thick embossed red star. The cracking turned out to make a fantastic design! Love the dry embossed star background too.

Your silver glimmer star is so sparkly. So pretty over top of your dry embossed pine boughs. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

Brenda in IN said...

Two elegant cards with such gorgeous shine. I like the cracked look and the pretty embossed background. The silver sparkle star among the evergreen is so lovely. Two great cards.

Julia Aston said...

Stars on a birthday card are perfect - since the receiver is the star of the day! and your sliver glitter star looks so lovely hanging on the embossed pine branch by that lovely red string!

lauren bergold said...

Oh wow! What an amazing card! I love the glitter star against the clean white embossed pine boughs! So pleased you could get sparkly with us at JINGLE BELLES!

Jo said...

Great Bday card, from the design to the crackle star. A beautiful masculine card.
Your glitter one is also a beauty. Love the dry embossed pine BG for the ornament. The red bow and matting give it class. xx