Sunday, September 27, 2020

Happy Fall with Sparkle Kitty

Hi there.  I'm glad you stopped by!


I'd like you to meet Sparkle, the kitty.

He's a fun Memory Box die cut from Black Glimmer Paper.

The background and pumpkin are from my Gel Press play.

I thought it would make a fun Halloween card for one of the grandkids.
So I did another.


This card base was stenciled with the same color ink as the cardstock. 
I'd used the same stencil on my Gel Press piece that the pumpkin was cut from.

The background is a paper towel transfer from my stash.

I used a Circle Thin Frame die on a scrap of black then cut in half for the mouth
and cut the points off a punched star for the eyes and nose.

I do like a happy Jack-o-lantern face!

You can see better how Sparkle got his name in this next photo.


I used some Schparkly Embossing Powder on the sentiment.

Challenges:
Memory Box Outside the Box - Haunted Halloween (Used Black/Orange)
Poppystamps Challenge - Cards for Kids
NBUS #18 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Cool Cat Die)

  


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Mum's the Word (PTI)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Black Glimmer (SU)
Dies:  Cool Cat, Woodland Branch (MB), Swirl Pumpkin (PS), Leaves (IO)
Other: Gel Press, Acrylic Paint

Card Recipe
Stamps: Spooky Sentiments (Amy R) 
Ink:   VersaMark, Tangerine Tango (SU)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Tangerine Tango, Black, Black Glimmer (SU)
Dies:  Cool Cat, Woodland Branch (MB), Swirl Pumpkin, Picket Fence (PS)Circle Thin Frames (SSS), 
Other:  Gel Press, Acrylic Paint, Mini Tiny Circles Stencil (TCW), Star Punch, Black Sparkle EP (Ranger)


20 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I love a happy jack'o' lantern face too and I am very honoured to meet Schparkle the kitty! How elegant she is with her curly tail and enigmatic eyes! Vicky x

Nstiz said...

What a cute design and I love the use of your gelli prints! Clever way to embellish your pumpkin too. These really are great Halloween cards for the grandkids. Love the sparkle paper for you kitty!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling kitty with pumpkin, Bonnie! Just love them against the fence with your gelli background and tree branch!!

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely ADORABLE and I am totally in LOVE with your sparkly black cat...think I might NEED that die!! Loving your gel press pumpkins too! The grands are going to LOVE these cards!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

I love them ALL! Sparkle kitty is quite fabulous, as are your fun jacks!

Pat said...

I adore that cute glittery kitty and the gel press play pieces look great for the pumpkins and the background on the first. These beautiful fun Halloween cards will be well received I'm sure Bonnie. x

Trina P. said...

Great set of Halloween cards. The smiling pumpkins are so cute and fun. Love the sparkle, especially the glittery black cat.

Christine Alexander said...

where did summer go? I can't believe Halloween is just around the corner :)
great die cut card and love the texture on your pumpkin.

Brenda in IN said...

Sparkle kitty is so pretty and her eyes are so shiny. I love the pumpkins and texture you gave them.

Sandy said...

How can a card be cute and beautiful at the same time - hmmm - I guess I will have to ponder that.
I am a cat lover and do love the sophisticated cat just in time for the big boo day.
That picture of me was taken 10 years ago! Oh how time changes us.
Happy Halloween to come Bonnie.
Sandy xx

I Card Everyone said...

I like Sparkle, and his friends are darling, too!
You've had such success with your gelli prints - have you noticed I haven't used any of mine?
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, so cute! I love the kitty. I know nothing about gel press, but I know I love the pretty patterns and colors on those pumpkins! I like the fence on the second card, too.

TK said...

Two fun cards, Bonnie, and I sure to spy that Sparkle! Great texture in these cards

Loll said...

Awesome cards Bonnie. I love your pumpkins and the adorable black cat! Such great designs with your gelli press and paper towel backgrounds. xx

Brenda said...

What fun Halloween cards Bonnie! I love Sparkles, the cat. He sure does sparkle! What beautiful prints you have gotten with your gelli press plate. I also love the beautiful soft paper towel background too. I love happy faces on pumpkins as well, they just make me smile! Hugs, Brenda

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Bonnie! Your halloween cards are awesome! IU love the kitty and pumpkin but that bit of stencil on the first? Total eye candy!

Jo said...

The grandkids will be pleased as punch. I imagine Halloween will be different this year. Guess grandmom will definitely compensate with a bag of treats to accompany these very special cards. Love the monochrome gelli prints. These are great cards to accompany that Sparkle kitty xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both Halloween cards are so cute, Bonnie! Love the texture of gelli prints, the sparkle of cute black cats, and the smile of the pumpkin! The designs are wonderful too!
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

A wonderful set of halloween cards. Your pumpkins are beautiful, I especially liked the one on the first card
xx

Bobby said...

I love all the texture on the pumpkins, Bonnie, and Sparkle is a cutie.