Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Shimmery Dainty Blossoms


Hi there.  I'm glad you stopped by!

There's still time to join in at CAS Mix Up...


where Joanna has asked us to...

I used the Altenew Fine Frames die to emboss the background.

You can see it better here.


After I watercolored the die cut flower, I used some of the color to add
splatters.  The sweet little bee is from a Power Poppy set.

I added some colored shimmer to the flower. It was a free gift with an order
and had been languishing in my drawer.

The bees wings get their shimmer from a clear Wink of Stella.

My mixed media are Embossing with Die, Die Cutting, Watercoloring, Stamping
and Splattering.

I hope you get a chance to try your hand at embossing with a die cut.
Check out the videos and the team's fabulous cards to inspire you.

I hope you'll join us at
Challenge ends on the 24th.

Challenges
NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff (Flower Die)


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS), Bee Kind Toile (PP)
Ink:   Gorgeous Grape, Versafine Onyx Black, Mustard Seed Distress Marker
Paper:   Watercolor (Strathmore), Neenah
Other:  Dainty Blossoms Die (Pinkfresh Studio), Fine Frames Rectangles Die (Alt), Gansai Tambi Watercolors (61 Cornflower Blue, 66 Menthol Violet, 139 Purple, 54 Olive Green, 43 Med Yellow), Pressed Peony Nuvo Glitter Marker, Clear Wink of Stella, Gold Sparkle Crystal (Studio Katia)


25 comments:

Viv said...

What a fab die Bonnie - it looks great as a frame for your yummy schparkly flower - and how cute is that bee? Great card my friend. x

HilaryJane said...

What a great way to create a frame. Love that flower and the detail provided by the bee and those splatters are something else, just perfect xx

nancy littrell said...

I love how you die embossed the frame for a wonderful background for your die cut and beautifully colored flower, Bonnie. Adding your splatters, bee and hello were the perfect finishing touches. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful flower with bee, Bonnie, and I love the texture of the embossed frame!!

Pat said...

What an elegant embossed frame Bonnie which goes perfectly with your gorgeous shimmery flower and sweet little bee with more WOS shimmer on its wings and a simple sentiment...a beautiful card. x

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful embossing Bonnie...it's so subtle at first glance but it truly does frame your flowers just beautifully!! Lovely, lovely card! Hugs. :0)

Jo said...

When I first saw this I found you to be so smart. It really inspired me to take a second look and all my frame dies. The die cut bloom is eyeing that busy bee. I love the shimmer you added to the flowers, such a special touche. The splatters do unify this whole card. Simply beautiful. Thanks for playing along dear Bonnie, xx

Robyn Oliver said...

That fine frames die creates a wonderful 'frame' for your lovely watercolour flower... a fabulous card Bonnie, hope all is well at your place, hugs Robyn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very Beautiful.
Faith x

JosieD said...

Clever idea to use a die to emboss the framing for the flower...you come up with the most clever ideas...ahh, those magic Bonnie touches! Plus the splatters and the shimmer add interest. And that little bee is precious with its shiny wings.

Brenda said...

I am so loving how you are using your dies to make frames on your cards Bonnie, this card is so beautiful! Love that flower and the little bee, so sweet. The colors are so pretty and the frame just draws the eye right into the flower and bee. Hugs, Brenda

Nstiz said...

You always do such a beautiful job framing your work and once again those dies are a must have. Love the flower and that cute shimmer bee. Great design, Bonnie!

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie! I HAVE that die... for the life of me [and every single sandwich a girl could try] I cannot get it to cut!
A perfect time for embossing with it - and it's fabulous!
=]

Linda said...

Ooooh ..... this is gorgeous, I love the embossed frame. Your little bee is so cute too! xx

TK said...

Wow, fantastic, Bonnie!

Loll said...

This is so pretty Bonnie! I LOVE the frame embossed background. So cool! And your shimmer flower and bee are adorable. The splatters are just perfect! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

How beautiful is this Bonnie - exquisite work and a fabulous result
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful background frame with the die and love that sparkly littl flower :)

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful effect with embossing those fabulous frames Bonnie x. I like the shimmer with the pretty flower, the splats and that super cute little bee x.

Leslie Miller said...

Cute! Fabulous flower on the frame which looks amazing embossed. The little bee is a perfect finish along with the added shimmer.

Trina P. said...

Another fabulous die embossed creation. The shimmer must be gorgeous IRL. Cute bee.

Papercraft Boutique said...

I'm admiring this card displayed in front of me, Bonnie! I'm the lucky one to know how gorgeous this card is in real life more than anyone else. :-)
The embossed frame is perfect for these little shimmery flowers and the shiny bee. The fine spatters and the layered thin matte are subtle but add so much effect to the card. Thank you so much again for this beautiful card, my friend!
Hideko xx

Ros Crawford said...

The embossing looks amazing! Such a beautiful card right down to the cute little bee!

Susan Joyce said...

Your embossed frame is perfect for the challenge Bonnie and I love all the added bling, wonderful design!

BożenA said...

I love the frames you have embossed in the background. They complement the card wonderfully. The flower is so cute and I love the soft background mottling
xx