Sunday, April 18, 2021

10 Day Coloring Challenge

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Kathy Racoosin is in Day 4 of her 10 Day Coloring Challenge
and I've just had a chance to participate.

I love to color and find it so relaxing.
I'd color and do nothing else....but life happens!

Finally, I sat down and tried the technique that Kathy used on day 1.

Here's what I did...



I used a Lavinia stencil and lightly blended Tumbled Glass Distress Ink through it.

I veered from Kathy's technique because this stencil covered more area than
her stencil did.  I chose the pencil colors and decided I would cut this piece in half.
One side uses blue and violet.  The other side has blue and green and I added
some color with my Caran d'ache Supracolor pencils.


After blending with water, this is what it looked like.


Hopefully this will end up on two cards.

Stay tuned to see if that happens.

Challenges:
10 Day Coloring Challenge - Enjoy coloring every day




Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Tumbled Glass (DI)
Paper:   Watercolor (TH)
Other:  Flora Stencil (Lavinia), Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (Mauve, Light Olive, Turquoise Blue


17 comments:

JosieD said...

This is such an interesting and soft background. And it looks easy to do. I look forward to seeing how you use it on finished cards. Have a good day, my friend.

Bunny said...

I can't wait to see what you do with it. [Bunny]

Heather said...

Lovely colouring and Bonnie, looking forward to seeing it on a card.

Brenda in IN said...

A beautiful stencil and the blends are lovely, Bonnie. I see why you love those pencils. The colors are so pretty you used.

Christine Alexander said...

fun way to create a background, I cant wait to see what you do with them :)

Trina P. said...

What a gorgeous stencil. You did it justice with your beautiful blending.

Robyn Oliver said...

Bonnie, I love this, your watercolour is so soft and pretty and what a great technique...having a go at this one.. hugs Robyn

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty effect and great to get two cards out of the one piece Bonnie and looking forward to seeing them x. Yes wouldn't it be lovely to sit and colour and relax xxx.

I Card Everyone said...

So fun, Bonnie! I know it's going to make two beautiful cards!
=]

HilaryJane said...

Love it, such a clever idea. Can't wait to see how you use it. I love colouring too but rarely do it these days. I have quite a large collection of colouring books, but am very slow xx

Sandy said...

Love these colors together!
Sandy xx

Nstiz said...

You did a fabulous job with watercolor pencils. Because the word "water" is in it I never had success with those. I can't wait to see how you finish this up!

Jo said...

This is special and interesting. I am definitely going to give this a try. Working "alot here", hoping I get through the summer LOL xx

TK said...

Wonderful technique, and I adore those colors, Bonnie! Can't wait to see the finished card!

Ros Crawford said...

They looks beautiful... I'm waiting to see what you make with them

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, this is pretty! I sooo love to color, too, and wish I had more time for it, but right now... life is really in the way! I know you're going to do something gorgeous with this background!

Loll said...

LOVE the look of this background Bonnie. The colours are so pretty! Great work with your pencils. Looking forward to seeing the cards you make with it! xx