Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Dogs for Twofer

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by.

It's time for a new Twofer Challenge!

Sadly this will be the last month for the Twofer Challenge.  Darnel has decided that this month
will be the last challenge.  

It's been such a fun challenge and I always
think of cards in twos now.  Thank you Dolly, for all your challenges and inspiration.

Now let's everyone join in this month and show Darnell how much we love her
by playing along!



My friend Nance recently came to play and brought her Mini Cats & Dogs
stamps and dies for me to play with.

I used half sheets of Neenah and stamped all the dogs on one and the cats on
another.  Then I die cut all of them and used Press & Seal on the back to hold
them in place.  I have two of each one to color.  They should last me a long time.

First up will probably be my oldest grandson's birthday card.
I hope it brings a smile to his face.


This silly pooch was colored with Copics.  The balloons were in my stash and 
so was the tinsel.

For my Twofer...


I had some stamped and die cut mini Crazy Bird Things that a dear friend
sent me a long time ago.  I found this Santa hat and present among them,
die cut the Ho, Ho, Ho from cardstock, embossed the background and
popped him on a card blank.

Our fantastic Design Team have some fun Twofer Cards to inspire you and
we're joined this month by our talented Guest Designers Vicky and Donna.

I hope you'll come join the fun at


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks you to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
You sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Mini Cats & Dogs (TH), Mini Bird Crazy Things (TH), Crazy Talk (TH)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:   Neenah
Other:  Copics (W3, E33, E50, YR23, Y15, E00, E93, RV00, B24), Quilted Stitch Spirals (LI-OOB), Mini Crazy Cats & Dogs Dies (TH), Celebration Time Dies (SSS)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Mini Cats & Dogs, Mini Bird Crazy Things (TH)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:   Neenah, Granny Apple Green, Real Red (SU)
Other:  Copics (E11, E13, E23, C8, C10, R24, R29, W00), Ho, Ho, Ho Die (SSS), Mini Crazy Cats & Dogs Dies (TH), Kars EF (ret. Cuttlebug)

24 comments:

Mac Mable said...

That quirky dog looks adorable and fun on both of your fabulous cards Bonnie. I smiled at the dogs face and the ho ho ho sentiment and he sure looks like he 'doesn't mean it....Thanks for the laugh Bonnie x. Oldest grandson is going to love his card x.

Brenda said...

These twofers are awesome Bonnie! They both make me smile, that dog makes me smile! lol He is just a cutie and makes a great Santa dog and birthday dog. I'm sure the birthday one will bring a huge smile to your grandson's face! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

Two fantastic cards, Bonnie. I love that dog and he is so dapper in both a party hat and Santa hat.

Leslie Miller said...

Love me some cute dogs! This guy makes the happiest cards, and with your clever additions you have to do a triple take to see it's the same dog. Those little bits in your stash really helped out. Fabulous! Sad to see it's the last Twofer, but Darnell could use some quiet time.

Susan said...

Those cards are so much fun, Bonnie! Love both versions. Great use of the little accessories for the Christmas card. Love the balloons and the tinselled hat on the birthday one - a great card for a child!

HilaryJane said...

What a great twofer, such a shame that the challenge is closing, but I completely understand the reason. Love how you have given your dog little hats, and the tinsel xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous doggy twofer, Bonnie - you always hit a home run with your pairs! Just love the jumbo HO HO HO with the Santa dog and the fun bday balloons with party doggy!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

oldpunca said...

What a fun dog image, Bonnie! I love both of your cards. Your grandson will adore the funny and wonderful card.
It was a pleasure for me to be a member of designer team together with you. Hugs, Sonja

Trina P. said...

I smiled at your twofers, so I’m sure your grandson will too.
This pooch is adorable. Beautifully coloured with two wonderful designs.

Darnell said...

Thank you, Bon and thank you for being on my Team! I do hope lots of people come to play, not only to show me some love, but to show you and my entire talented team some love!

That was perfect timing for Nance to bring the fun panting dog die to your play date. He looks so great on both your fun cards! Love the balloons and tinsel on your grandson's festive birthday card and that gift and Santa hat fit the dog perfectly for him on your bold HO HO HO Christmas card. I am taking note of how much interest e/fs added to both your designs! Love, Dolly

TK said...

Very adorable! Love both cards, and your grandson will be thrilled with the first I'm sure. I must say I'm bummed to see Twofer go away though, even if I haven't been able to participate recently! Hopefully this month...

nancy littrell said...

Aaahhh...such a fun a colorful pup for your Twofer Christmas and Happy Birthday cards, Bonnie. So perfect for Dolly's last Twofer Challenge. Sad to see her awesome challenge go, but sure do understand. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

You gotta smile when you see that dog's face!! LOVE how you've created the wonderful birthday card for your grandson with the circle embossed background and fun balloons! The tinsel is just the perfect finishing touch! :) And same for the Christas dog. He looks so awesome in his Santa hat! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Two terrific cards but I have to say that birthday card is magnificent right down to the tinsel on his hat!

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh I love these. A dear friend gave me the Ho Ho Ho dies and I had not used them yet. Love the idea with the image. The birthday dog is just as cute. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cat Craig said...

That is one crazy pup...or perhaps a bit tipsy. Either way hes fun and very festive for both occaisions.

Vicky Hayes said...

I am so happy to be guesting for the dog/cat theme because I get to see all the stamps I need to add to my stash!! This goofy dog is a cutie Bonnie and I love how you dressed him up appropriately for birthday and Christmas celebrations! Vicky x

Happy Dance said...

Your pups are a hoot, Bonnie! Looks like he's been celebrating each occasion rather well, I'd say, lol! Darling cards. But then, I've loved your cards since I discovered your blog way back when! True story. I'm proud to have been on The Twofer team with you; it's been a great time, hasn't it?! Your work will continue to inspire me, too. You're an amazing artist. xo Bev

Unknown said...

your little dogs are adorable, two great cards for the twofer challenge :)

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Bonnie...both of your cards are absolutely delightful! The pup image you used on both of your cards just cracks me up...oh that face!! Haha!! Both your birthday and Christmas designs are wonderful and will definitely bring smiles to the recipients! So glad we got to be teamies again for awhile, and I too think of cards in "twofer" terms now! Hopefully will get back to more posting and challenges soon, and keeping up with my commenting too! Rough Summer, but things are looking up now and I'm just waiting for my mojo to return! Take care my friend! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

So cute. I like your cute pup all ready for Christmas or a birthday.

Pat said...

That is such a fun dog image Bonnie and I love the balloons and his fun tinselled up party hat for the birthday card and perfect for your oldest grandson, and then the Christmas make with the gift and Santa hat, and the large 'Ho','Ho','Ho'and embossed background snowfall really set it off. x

BożenA said...

Two beautiful cards, Bonnie. I love this dog, I love this whole set of stamps TH. You've made two amazing cards for two different occasions. Very creative
hugs,
BożenA

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are so cute and funny, Bonnie! You found a perfect piece in your stash for the balloons. They look dimensional!
The holiday card is bright and festive! The swirly debossing for the b-day card and the snowy embossing texture for the holiday card make wonderful backgrounds.
Hideko xx