Sunday, August 1, 2021

Stencil Stamping for CAS Mix Up

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's time for a new challenge at CAS Mix Up.


Our very talented Jenny is hosting this month and she chose...

I used Distress ink through a stencil for this flower.  Using a blender brush,
I lightly spread some ink around the stenciling.

Then I replaced the stencil and stamped over top with a background script stamp.

We are excited to have Chrissie Stokes joining our fantastic Design Team.
Welcome aboard, Chrissie!

Two of my good friends, Bobby and Michele are our Guest Designers this month! 
I can't wait for you to see what they've done with this challenge 
and the rest of the design team too. Lots of wonderful inspiration there!

If you're unsure of ways to do this technique, there are tutorials at the
CAS Mix Up challenge site.

Hope to see you in the gallery.


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks you to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
You sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  French Script (ret. SU)
Ink:   Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint (DI), Sahara Sand (SU)
Paper:  Neenah 
Other:  Flower & 3 Buds Stencil (Stamplorations), Stitched Hexagon Layers Dies (MB), Eucalyptus Leaves Die (SSS)


28 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, hello, Bonnie!! I've just added a wonderful new scripty stamp to my plentiful stash - can't wait to try this technique using it as I love the results you've achieved - so pretty on those petals!!
Don't even get me started on how much I love/want those eucalyptus dies!
=]

conil said...

Well, of course I love this card...anything yellow and floral is right up my alley but what you've done is so sweet and happy. The script makes this really special as does your diecut and the hexie frame.

Mac Mable said...

Another fun technique to try and what a stunner of a card Bonnie. The addition of the text stamping looks fabulous x.

HilaryJane said...

I really like the look of script through the stencil, I am going to have to give it a try. Love your soft background blending and the hexagon frame xx

oldpunca said...

Fabulous card, Bonnie. And a great technique. I have to try this out as soon as possible. :-) Have a nice day! Sonja

Nstiz said...

Beautiful design using this technique, Bonnie. Love the added script to the petals as well as the neat, tailored framing! This is gorgeous!

Chrissie said...

It's so good to be joining you on the DT Bonnie... my favourite challenge from the other side!
Your card is so cheery with terrific colours and great stamping over your stencil!
Chrissie x

LeAnne said...

Bonnie, this is AMAZING! LOVE the effect the stamping through the stencil gives! Beautiful!

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful Bonnie and it looks like a fun technique. Love the script stamping over the stencil. I hope mine turns our as good as yours did.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the stamped script on your stenciled buds, Bonnie - so pretty in the hexagon window!!

Bunny said...

This is so very pretty and clean looking. [Bunny]

Christine Alexander said...

such a beautiful effect with the script on the petals for the flowers :)

Susan said...

I love the use of script stamps on cards and stamping one through a stencil is a great way to use them - adds so much interest to the card. Beautiful colours, great flowers!

Loll said...

The script stamping looks amazing with a floral stencil, Bonnie. This is a beautiful and elegant card, my friend! xx

Bobby said...

Michele and I didn't even know we were both guests this month. How fun to be with you for this challenge. The flower looks great with the script. I wish I had a stencil with larger openings to do something like that.

Leslie Miller said...

What beautiful stencils you have, Bonnie! Your card is so soft and lovely and the script is just perfect for it!

TK said...

Great technique! And so fun to see all these wonderful cards, yours does not disappoint, Bonnie

Pat said...

Such a beautiful stencilled flower Bonnie, and I love the added script too, and the colours are gorgeous, also love the added die cut leaves which finish it perfectly. x

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous blooms, Bonnie! I love how you stamped the script through your stencil, too...such a perfect way to make everything pop on your card! xx

BożenA said...

Your flowers look wonderful and adding text on the petals looks very interesting. I also love the hexagon as the centerpiece of the card.
hugs,
BożenA

Brenda said...

Wow Bonnie, I love this card, such a fun technique and I love how yours came out. The script stamping looks so pretty on the flower parts of the stencil. Such a pretty, sunny and cheery card. Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful and happy flower card, Bonnie! The softly spread ink around the stenciled image and the stamped script took this stenciled image to another level.
The hexagon framing is fresh and eye-catching. Thank you for your inspiration!
Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stenciling and stamping thru your stencil, Bonnie. I love how you added your stitched hexagon framing and white on white die cut leaves. Wonderful CAS card design, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card and design. Great job stamping the script background.

Susan Joyce said...

Love your beautiful card Bonnie and the extra soft blending around the stenciled flowers.

A.Rose said...

So soft and pretty. Love the frame.

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful and so unique!

Linda said...

Hi Bonnie, your card looks beautiful. Love the colour of the flowers and the softness of the background. The script stamping looks fab and I love the added die cuts ..... very pretty! xx