Monday, September 12, 2022

Playdate with Michele

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Last week I Facetimed with my friend Michele.
It was so much fun to chat and create with a friend!


Since we both have this Songbird Hot Foil Plate, Stencils & Dies, we decided
we would spend our playtime with them.

We had done the foiling ahead of time and pulled out the stencils and inks.

I've got to say that it's the first time I was really happy with using the layered stencils!

When they were all colored, we die cut and arranged them on card fronts.

I embossed my background with the Pinkfresh Slim Stripes Dies because
they're asking for stripes or gradients in the background.  I also tried to use the colors 
they were asking for as close as I could get them.

I think this is the first time I've crafted with a friend and actually completed a card!

Michele you are such a good influence and so much fun to chat and craft with! 
I can't wait for you to see what she did with her birds. 

I used the colors and stripes for the Pinkfresh Studio September Challenge.




Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Mowed Lawn, Saltwater Taffy, Mustard Seed, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Worn Lipstick
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Songbirds on Branches Hot Foil Plate &  Die (PFS), Glimmer System (Splbndr), Gold Foil, Slim Stripes Dies (PFS), Sentiment Strips Hot Foil Plate (Splbndr) 


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, it was a really fun creative time, and I can't wait to do it again! Although we did 'show and tell' our cards that day, it is wonderful to have this 'up close' view where I can see all the color you added to your leaves, and I love the embossed stripes even more!
Pinkfresh would be crazy not to love it just as much as I do!
Whose product will we use next?? xx
=]

ElizStewart said...

Bonnie... love how you added the foil...just beautiful. Very different result from Michele.

LeAnne said...

Awesome playdate, and awesome results! This is just gorgeous! You both knocked it out of the park!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love your arrangement of the leaves and cute blue birds. The embossed stripe looks great.

Bobby said...

How fun that must have been to Facetime and create. Your card is stunning, Bonnie. I can't believe you haven't been happy with stenciling. The colors are beautiful and blended well. I'm wishing I had this set.

Vicky Hayes said...

Birds, leaves and a touch of gold... these are all favourites of mine Bonnie, so it's no wonder I am absolutely in love with this card! Vicky x

Marcia Hill said...

AWESOME card Bonnie and your blending is beautiful!! I'm really loving all the subtle stripes in the background too! It's always so much fun to craft with a friend and I'm glad you and Michele were able to do it together!! Hugs. :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie so fun that you got to play with Michele, she is such a fun playdate! The gold foiling is so wonderful and I love the delicate gold foiled sentiment on vellum!

Nstiz said...

WOW! What a spectacular card, Bonnie. The foiling really makes it special! Love the wonderful colors you chose too and how fun to craft with a friend! This card is gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Coming by via Michele's blog to see what you have done with this gorgeous set. WOW, that is really all I have to say. I am trying so hard to refrain from foiling and then I see something this beautiful and it makes it that much harder. Awesome card, Bonnie!! I have never finished a card while crafting virtually...the talking gets in the way.

Karen said...

The coloring of the birds is so beautiful! I would never guess you used a stencil. This is a fabulous card!

Cat Craig said...

I can tell you had a great time with Michele, she’s fab. Your cards colors are wonderful - love he colorful birds among those gorgeous leaves.

Lisa Elton said...

Michele IS a fun play date! I love the elegance the gold adds to your card, Bonnie! Your blue birds and pink blooms are marvelous. This is such a beautiful card!

TK said...

Amazing foil plate, beautiful card, and I can tell the fun you two had -- fantastic!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just love to see how different the results are from the same products. Your card is gorgeous, Bonnie. I love the striped background and your stenciling is wonderfully done. I love the gold sentiment.

Maria said...

Oh, how lovely!! Beautiful birds in the trees with wonderful color! Such a beautiful anniversary card!

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness Bonnie, this is stunning! I adore the sweet color palette with the gold touches and darling birds. This is over the top, beautiful!

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty, such amazing foiling and colours and so different from Michele's. They are both fabulous. I couldn't choose between them. What a great session you must have had together xx

Trina P. said...

How fun to craft with a friend over FaceTime! Beautiful card. Super job using the stencils to colour.

Pat said...

The foiled and coloured flowers, leaves and birds are gorgeous Bonnie, and the embossed stripes using dies to impress the background look beautiful too. x

BożenA said...

This is such an unusual Bonnie card. These birds look so amazing and I love the soft coloring. The golden outlines make the card incredibly elegant. I love this card that is memorable and will not let you forget about it.
BożenA xx

Leslie Miller said...

This looks like a challenge winner to me, Bonnie! It's sooo gorgeous! Of course, I'm especially fond of birds and leafy things. Add some gold and other colors on top of white and my little heart just melts.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Bonnie, it sounds like you had a fun playdate with Michele! I'm envious!! :-)
Your blue birds are so pretty, and the flowers and leaves look amazing with the shiny foiled outlines!
Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous coloring with Fall colors on your beautiful die cut leaves and birds images and love your detailed white background for added texture that does not take away from your beautiful main images. TFS Bonnie. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

WOW! This is one amazing card Bonnie! Gorgeous foiling and stenciling of the branches and birds. I love the dimension with the layered embossing in the background. xx

Pat said...

Beautiful foiling and such pretty birds, flowers and foliage and love the subtle embossed stripes in the background, also the colours look delightful Bonnie..a great anniversary card. x