Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Two More Double Stamped Vellum

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I told you I became addicted to this technique.  Now I'm trying to get all those
pieces onto cards instead of my UFO box.


First up using Penny Black's Social Butterfly.

I stamped on the front of vellum and heat embossed with white powder.
Then I stamped on the backside of the vellum with Bermuda Bay ink.


This time I used an old Concord & 9th Lace Leaf stamp and die.
(Sadly it looks like it's been retired.)

When I opened the stamp case the gold embossed leaf was in there too.
A pleasant surprise!  I almost threw this one out.  Now I'm glad I didn't.

Have you tried this technique yet?


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Social Butterfly (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Vellum, Neenah Solar White, Bermuda Bay
Other:  White EP, Elegant Rectangle STAX (MFT), Sentiments Glimmer Plate (Splbndr), Gold Foil, Subtle EF

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lace Leaf (C9), Happy Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive
Paper:   Vellum, Neenah Solar White
Other:  White EP, Gold EP, Mini Slimline Double Stitched Dies (Kat Scrap), Grateful Leaf Did (C9)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

19 comments:

JoAnn said...

Two more beautiful cards with this technique. I love the pretty butterfly and the Bermuda Bay color. I like that big lace leaf - it makes a lovely card. Thanks for the inspiration.

jimlynn said...

Amazing and so beautiful. Love that technique.
Lynn

I Card Everyone said...

No, I haven't, Bonnie! But I will soon, I promise! These are just gorgeous!
I'm partial to the butterflies - surprised? We will have eight 'bloom' today!
=]

Bobby said...

I haven't tried it yet, Bonnie, but I'm eager to try it today. I've been looking through what stamps I have here to find good ones for the technique. That butterfly with all its wing details worked beautifully and so did that magnificent leaf.

Cat Craig said...

I still haven’t. Gotten around to this, and your cards makes me itch to play. They are both beautiful and eye catching.

Lisa Elton said...

I haven't tried it yet either, Bonnie but I need to! These are both lovely. I like those lacy leaves!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh... I can't even... Such delicate beauties, sigh. I just shake my head.

kiwimeskreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiwimeskreations said...

Another pair of stunning cards Bonnie - no I have not tried the technique yet - blame Covid, but it is definitely on my 'to try' list
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Alexander said...

two amazing cards Bonnie, you really nailed the double sided velum stamping. Love the colour combo ♥

Nstiz said...

Both cards are fabulous, Bonnie! I don’t think my vellum will tolerate heat embossing but this technique sure looks fun to do. Love the butterflies in two colors and the leaf die is incredibly gorgeous. I always love the way you frame your work too. These are so well done!

Marcia Hill said...

Two absolute beauties Bonnie...you have got this technique down to a "t" and both of these are just GORGEOUS! I've simply got to sit down and try this technique!! Hugs. :0)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Another pair of gorgeous double stamped vellum cards, Bonnie!Love the fresh color combo of white and Bermuda Bay! And what a great finding in the leaf stamp case! It seems like the gold leaf was waiting for this wonderful opportunity to shine!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Beautiful cards using this really fun technique Bonnie. I just LOVE the bright, fresh colours of your butterfly card. And the leaves of the second card is the perfect segway into fall. Hope the temperatures have cooled off for you a bit ... cool, fall weather ... ahhhh! :) xx

HilaryJane said...

You certainly are getting good at that technique, these are two stunning cards. I have that leaf stamp, but sadly not the die, and I haven't really used it much so thanks very much for the inspiration xx

Pat said...

This double stamped vellum technique is really beautiful Bonnie, and I especially love the wonderful bright blue with the white which is so striking on the first with the pretty delicate butterfly image, and then the lacy looking leaves on the second and the gold inked background ones work perfectly and two wonderful shaped apertures to show off the vellum. x

TK said...

Such beautiful cards, this is a wonderful technique, Bonnie!

Trina P. said...

Two more beauties! You are rocking this technique!

BożenA said...

These are another two beautiful creations. Double embossing on velin gives a really spectacular effect.
xx