Monday, November 21, 2022

Birds on Branches for Christmas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


I have gotten a lot of mileage out of these Pinkfresh birds!
This time I used sections from the foiled and die cuts for Christmas cards.

Tis the Season! 

Using the other bird from the set...

 


Challenges:






Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey (DI)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Silver Foil, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Birds on Branches Hot Foil Plate, Die & Stencil (PFS), Silver Foil, Snowflake EF (Darice), Pinpoint Snowflake Plate (MB), Joy Die (Elizabeth Crafts), Ornament Punch (ret SU), Crystal Sticker Gems

Card Recipe  (card 2)
Stamps:  Sentiment (OOB company)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey (DI)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Silver Foil, Neenah Solar White, Smoky Gray
Other:  Birds on Branches Hot Foil Plate, Die & Stencil (PFS), Silver Foil, Heirloom Frames & EF (ret SU), Crystal Sticker Gems
Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

jimlynn said...

BOTH are so pretty and just love that pop of red!
Lynn

Pat said...

What beautiful elegant cards Bonnie and the silver foil and the white embossed panels are stunning on both, and the pretty bird on a branch used on both looks amazing. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Both are so beautiful, I love those birds and the leaves.
Faith x

I Card Everyone said...

OH, you are going to get CASEd again, my friend!!! What a spectacular idea! They are both SO gorgeous! Man do I wish that frame/EF on card 2 was still available!
Of course, you know you had me at grey, right?
=]

Bobby said...

I was so in love with that stamp set but couldn't figure other ways to use it. You just showed me, Bonnie, and now I may need to get it. The birds are so wonderful on individual cards and the bird holding the ornament is so sweet. Great coloring too.

JoAnn said...

Two more lovely Christmas cards with these sweet birds. You have displayed them beautifully on different backgrounds. Love the sweet bird holding the Christmas ornament. TFS

BożenA said...

But these cards are beautiful, Bonnie!! I know those birds on the branch very well, but they made a whole before. I must admit that dividing them into two cards is equally impressive. I love both designs :-)
xx

Jan said...

Lovely cards Bonnie!!!!! TFS
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Susan said...

Beautiful birds - wonderful use of hot foil! I especially love the one holding the ornament! Great layers of texture withe the pinpoint die (at first I thought you'd pierced it!) and the dry embossing.

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Bonnie...both your beautiful die cut birds on branches are so elegant and beautifully framed. Your Christmas cards will be treasured, my friend. TFS and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Love and Hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

They are both absolutely beautiful xx

Brenda in IN said...

These are lovely, Bonnie. The bird checking out the ornament is just precious. I love the embossed pin background and the embossed frame.

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these are SOOOOOO pretty Bonnie and so elegant...LOVE them both and you gotta love it when you can get so much mileage out of one stamp set!! YAY for you!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Gorgeous cards, Bonnie! LOVE your pretty birds on branches ... so perfect for the holidays with the foiled framing and embossed backgrounds. Lovely cards! xx

Brenda said...

What elegant Christmas cards Bonnie! I love the birds, they are so pretty. The branch they are on is pretty too and grounds them nicely. I love the embossing and piercing on the cards, makes such a statement while keeping that clean white space. Hugs, Brenda

Nstiz said...

There are GORGEOUS, Bonnie! Love the look of the foiling. Until I read the description I thought you fussy cut those skinny branches then saw it was a die cut. I need to foil some of my stamps too since these look fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderfully elegant and ever so pretty!

Christine Alexander said...

That is such a beautiful foiling set, and so versatile. I love the elegant image and so perfect for Christmas ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Bonnie - love the bird holding the ornament - that is so precious.
Blessings
Maxine

Sandy said...

I love your bird cards Bonnie - especially the first bird - he/she has so much personality!
I have 5 bird feeders and 1 squirrel feeder in my back yard. I can see them all from my craft room window. so much fun watching all the activity.
Happy Thanksgiving Bonnie!
Sandy

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, you have gotten a lot of mileage out of these birds and I've been enjoying every minute of it. Such pretty components you used to bring these lovely Christmas cards together!

TK said...

Two really gorgeous birds and cards! Wow -- so much to look at, and great shine too

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh wow! What a fabulous way to use these stamps! Gorgeous cards! You've inspired me to use them for Christmas!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty birds on branches, Bonnie - just love the soft grey against the crisp white backgrounds!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done on both cards.

Trina P. said...

Both beautiful. Fabulous colours. Gotta love it when you can stretch your supplies.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, these cards are gorgeous, Bonnie! I love the foiled and die-cut birds and branches! The debossed and embossed background (first card), and the framing (second card) are elegant and wonderful!
Hideko xx