Saturday, November 12, 2022

Deco Tree

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Back to Christmas....


I love this graceful tree stamp and it's been sitting in my NBUS box for a year.
Time to try it out and I wasn't disappointed.

I stamped it on a piece of mixed media paper and watercolored it with Distress inks
and my waterbrush.  Then I used a wet on wet technique and Distress re-inker to give
the background a light wash.

The hard part is walking away and letting it dry!

Once dry, I used chunky white and chunky gold embossing powder and heated
from the back of the paper to keep it from flying off.

To make it even shinier, I edged the watercolor piece and the edges of the card base
with VersaMark and heat embossed those edges with gold.

Here's a view of all that shine.

 

Challenges:
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - ATG/Add Embellishments
NBUS #44 - Never Before Used Schtuff

  









Card Recipe
Stamps:  Deco Tree (PB), Christmas Sentiments (PB)
Ink:   Encore Gold, Evergreen Bough, Rustic Wilderness (DI), VersaMark
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Gold Foil
Other:  Gold EP, Chunky Gold Frantage, Chunky White Frantage, WOS, Tumbled Glass re-inker


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

29 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, this is spectacular! Incredible shine, such a gorgeous tree - I've never seen this one! It truly represents the wonder of the Season!
=]

Marianne said...

Love the swirly tree, Bonnie, and the gold is great for a festive touch.
Marianne x

JoAnn said...

So pretty and shiny. Love all the gold embossing and that swirly Christmas tree.

HilaryJane said...

I love all that shine and brilliant colouring. a fantastic card xx

jimlynn said...

I absolutely love that Christmas tree! So different and so beautiful. Love all the gold accents too.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This card is gorgeous and so is the tree.
Faith x

LeAnne said...

WOWWWW! This tree is stunning! You are such an enabler...I may just have to check it out to see if it's still available! Just gorgeous!

Darnell said...

What an awesome art deco tree that is! You made its lilting nature come alive with your gold embossing and framing, Bon! The chunky splatters make cool bling! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

Lisa Elton said...

GREAT tree! Beautiful card, Bonnie!

Cat Craig said...

That turned out fabulously, Bonnie. Gorgeous.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a gorgeous tree, Bonnie, and I love all the gold details too!!

Nstiz said...

Love this and I may just have to have that tree! Your frantage makes me think of a cold, windy day. How unusual this image is and you did a fabulous job with it!

Susan said...

That is a beautiful tree - such a unique artsy look! It looks fabulous in the gold embossing with green colouring. Love the gold heat embossed edges!

Marcia Hill said...

This card is absolutely AWESOME and totally made me smile Bonnie! The shine is incredible, and I just really like the whimsy of this stamp! It also reminds me of what's going on outside my window right now and that doesn't make me smile!!!!!!! Hugs. :0)

Carole said...

Wow! What a stunner, so sparkly and a very unusual and showstopper of a tree.

Pat said...

What a fun tree Bonnie and the beautiful gold embossed edge and the white and gold frantage scattered and heat embossed over the background really works with the gold funky tree. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what an elegant tree stamp Bonnie, and you have used it to perfection on this gorgeous card
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

What a unique, gorgeous tree this is. Your watercoloring is lovely and the chunky embossing looks beautiful. I love the edges.

Bobby said...

That tree is fabulous and full of movement, Bonnie. I love the light wash in the background. This is truly a work of art.

Christine Alexander said...

what a beautiful tree and combining the green and gold is perfect. Love addition of the gold to the edge of your card ♥

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I love this tree stamp and I'll bet the artist who designed it had exactly this in mind when creating it. The gold is fantastic. Wowie!

Loll said...

So pretty! LOVE this stylished tree done in green and gold. Beautiful watercolouring of the tree and background. The gold eding on your card base adds another punch of deliciousness! xx

Sandy said...

Love at first sight! Your card is like a dance, full of merriment and whimsey. The hardest part for me would be the background wash that you did. Now that sounds hard!!
Sandy xx

Brenda said...

Oh my, where to start as there are so many things I love about this card?! I love that tree first, love how you embossed it in gold and gave it it's color with the distress ink. Your background is so magical looking and goes so well with the swirl of this tree....they give such a magical look and twinkle! The sold edged frame with the embossing just really frames this beauty out. I'm so loving this stunning card! Hugs, Brenda

TK said...

Lovely whispy tree, and such a gorgeous card in all it's golden glory

BożenA said...

I totally agree that this tree looks amazing. I love such surreal constructs. They think the gold frame you created with EP embossing looks beautiful with this tree.
xx

Dotty Jo said...

Love the green and gold palette, Bonnie, This is lovely. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous!! Love that art deco tree and your watercoloring. That gold foiling around the edges is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at NBUS. Hope you continue to share your creations. Bonnie GDT

Trina P. said...

What a cool whimsical tree image! The shine is absolutely gorgeous! Another fantastic Christmas card!