Thursday, November 17, 2022

Inspired by Friends

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

A while ago I posted some Christmas wreath cards using a sunflower stamp.
You can see that post here.

My friend Marcia had the stamp set (unfortunately it is retired) and took it
to our friend Michele's house for a play date.

Thank you for inviting me to play along.


I inked the wreath in some very old colors from Stampin' Up (Sage Shadow & 
Handsome Hunter).  The inkpads aren't very juicy so the dark green didn't
overpower the sage.  I die cut the image and stamped a sentiment finishing up with
a piece of patterned paper from my stash.


This time I used Sage Shadow and Shaded Spruce. The darker color was a little
too dark and I feared I'd ruined it, but once it dried, it was passable.  I die cut it into a
stitched circle and mounted it on a Cherry Cobbler circle that was a bit bigger.
The embossed background was in my stash and a perfect fit.


Finally, I used the leftover from the die cut circle and embossed it to make
a frame for another wreath.  This one was inked with Mint Macaroon and Gumball Green.
I had this silver sparkle NOEL in my stash and cut a bow to match.  The dots on 
the inner circle are from Nuvo Drops.

They always inspire me and very often cause a shopping spree with their gorgeous cards.
If you haven't already visited them, do go to see what my friends have done with this stamp set.
I can't wait to check them out myself!





Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Painted Harvest (ret SU), Scribble Christmas (TH)
Ink:  Sage Shadow, Handsome Hunter, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Cherry Cobbler, PP (?)
Other:  Border Builders Die (LI-OOB), Bow Die (?), Nuvo Crystal Drops (Simply White)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Painted Harvest (ret SU)
Ink:   Sage Shadow, Handsome Hunter, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Cherry Cobbler
Other:  Tis the Season Die (Creative Expressions), Timeworn Type EF (SU), Stitched Circle Die (LI), Circle Die (SSS), Bow Die (?), Nuvo Crystal Drops (Simply White)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Painted Harvest (ret SU)
Ink:   Mint Macaroon, Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Silver Glimmer (SU)
Other:  Stitched Circle Die (LI), Noel Die (ret SU), Bow Die (?), Kars Snowflake EF (ret), Nuvo Crystal Drops (Simply White)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

28 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Good morning you little instigator you - I mean inspiration! Bonnie you sure did cause a LOT of fun today! Thanks so very much we had so much fun!
My SU inks were VERY juicy, so I love the definition of your first wreath and these gorgeous 'Blue Spruce-y' greens - speaking of: what beautiful wood grain you have there! The perfect bow to top it off, too!
Tis the Season is right - and I might have used a circle die, too - love the embossed panel and your gorgeous deep red sentiment!
Green gumballs are not my favorite to eat but what a great color for a wreath! LOve the embossed snowfall and this peek-a-boo placement of your last darling wreath - sing NOEL! You've inspired such a fun day and are so smart to look at these stamps with such a clever eye! xx
=]

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, the three amigas really did such wonderful work here. All of your wreaths are spectacular. What a fun time with fabulous projects to show.

HilaryJane said...

Brilliant cards, I know the feeling when some people are just so good that you feel inadequate beside them. No need with these though they are on a par with anything Michele and Marcia make. Love all the different ways you have showcased that stamp xx

jimlynn said...

ALL are so pretty. I still love the Cherry Cobbler and may still have a little of the paper too. Love the colors for the wreaths. So pretty.
Lynn

JoAnn said...

I love how you have used the sunflower stamp to make these lovely wreath cards. All 3 are fabulous and I love them all. The green wood grain paper looks great on the first card.

Sandy said...

Did you ask us to vote? I like the second card the best - love the bright white with the dark red and then the green on the delicate looking wreath. Although there is a lot going on with this card, it all seems to blend effortlessly. I can see the embossed background, but somehow it fades into the back without losing the texture.
That's my two cents worth for today!!
Sandy xx

Cat Craig said...

Loving those slimlines and the partial circle cut out on the last one. Fabulous cards, especially since you already played and still came up with more gorgeousness.

Susan said...

Three great cards using that sunflower stamp as a wreath - such a brilliant idea! Love all your colour choices and the layouts, especially the third one with the partial circle cut out of the embossed panel.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! These are all absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie, but then I knew they would be just from the preview you gave us a few weeks back! Your ink pads might not have been too juicy for your 1st card, but I love the lighter "spruce-y" shades and your dsp matches perfectly!! Loving the slimline look too! Your 2nd card is SO elegant and just traditionally perfect and is just making me sigh as I drool over it! As much as I love using non-traditional colors for Christmas, I'm still always drawn to the reds and greens, and this card is just pure perfection!! And of course your last card is just as lovely as the first two, and I love the circle aperture and silver glitter! I think all 3 of us did an amazing job converting a sunflower stamp into wreaths, and I for one totally appreciate the inspiration you gave us!! This was a blast to play along with both you and Michele and I hope we can do it again!! Hugs. :0)

Carole said...

Fabulous cards Bonnie...great designs.You have a wonderful creative imagination.

Pat said...

Three beautifully designed cards using this pretty sunflower which converts into a brilliant wreath design Bonnie, and the added berries and bows, and then the silver glitter sentiment on the last embellish them so so well. x

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Your watercolored wreaths with the gorgeous color combos are the prettiest wreaths I have ever seen, Bonnie...and...not even wreaths, but from a transformed sunflower image. You are so clever and creative, my friend. TFS your cards and detailed descriptions. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, this wreath! You could go on and on. I still have those SU colors along with the reinkers so my pads stay juicy. This is a dynamic duo and always pretty. I like the second darker one as well as the first. Really love the wood grain paper on the first. What a great match with the inks! A super clever design for your third card with the aperture and the sparkly Noel. You are just too good at this, Bonnie!

Nstiz said...

This is such a brilliant idea with that sunflower stamp! I particularly like the contrast on the one you thought was too dark. You frame your work beautifully! I am SO tempted to find this set on Ebay but I must quit buying and start creating.

Bobby said...

You never know who you will be inspired by or who you will inspire. The three of you had a wonderful stamping day inspired by your sunflower wreath and everyone did such a fanntastic job. You started it all, Bonnie, and I love that you used different greens for your wreaths. The bows and embossing are great finishing touches to your wonderful cards.

TK said...

Beautiful -- love the colors and the image -- so fun to play with friends!

Brenda said...

Wow, these are most impressive cards Bonnie and to think this gorgeous wreath was made using a sunflower stamp! Love the color combos you chose, so pretty, so striking! Hugs, Brenda

Christine Alexander said...

So sad that stamp is retired, it makes such beautiful wreathes. I love all the cards.

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, the three of you made some fantastic cards with this set. Your cards are lovely and each one different. It shows how versatile this set is.

Linda Callahan said...

Your wreaths are gorgeous and oh so perfect for the holidays! I have loved seeing how creative you three ladies are!

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of prettiness, Bonnie! The first is my favorite!

Loll said...

All three wreath cards are so beautiful, Bonnie. Especially love the colour of the first two ... sort of more blue green. Lovely paired with the matching woodpanel paper. So fun using a stamp in a whole new way. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - what exquisite work Bonnie. Love the various greens you have used on the wreathes, and the different finishes to the cards are fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

I adore these Bonnie. x

Julia Aston said...

What a creative idea and wonderful wreath Bonnie!

BożenA said...

I would never have guessed that this stunning wreath was made of sunflower! You're genious!! Wonderful cards!
xx

Trina P. said...

These are all so beautiful! Love the colours. You’ve showed off the versatility of this stamp brilliantly.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three gorgeous wreaths with that sunflower stamp, Bonnie! I think my fave is card one with the teal woodplank bottom but they're all wonderful!!