Saturday, November 5, 2022

Pink Poinsettias

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I do love these 3D embossing folders!

I also love poinsettias.

I swiped the inside of this elegant embossing folder from Altenew with a baby wipe
to get a good deep embossing.

Then some light swipes of a sponge dauber with white ink made for a quick design
 
I dabbed at the center dots with my WOW embossing pen and heat embossed in silver.


Then I did the same thing with a Sizzix embossing folder.

Two more for the stash!



Challenges:
ABC Christmas - U is for Unusual Christmas Colors
The Flower Challenge #74 - Add Embellishments

 







Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:  Whisper White 
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Silver Foil (SU), Tickled Pink (MFT)
Other:  Perfect Poinsettia 3D EF (Alt), Stately EF (ret Craft Concepts), WOW Embossing Pen, Silver EP, Holiday Sentiments 2 Glimmer Plate (Splbndr), Silver Foil (Splbndr)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Christmas Sentiments (PB)
Ink:  Whisper White, Encore Silver 
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Silver Foil (SU), Tickled Pink (MFT)
Other:  Poinsettia 3D EF (Szx), Stately EF (ret Craft Concepts), WOW Embossing Pen, Silver EP

Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

28 comments:

JoAnn said...

These are so pretty in pink. That is a big poinsettia on the first one but still pretty. I love the second one. I like how you did the silver embossing in the centers and also used the white ink to make them pop. The silver mats are perfect with the pink. TFS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous cards Bonnie. Love the pink and the poinsettias.
Faith x

LeAnne said...

They're both gorgeous! What a beautiful way to highlight those folders, and the pink is especially pretty!

jimlynn said...

So pretty in pink! Love the embossing folder you used. Beautiful cards.
lynn

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, you know I adore Poinsettias - pink ones are just about the best!!
Quick!!! edit to add to The Flower Challenge - that little bit of embellishing is just what we're looking for!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! These are both absolutely GORGEOUS Bonnie...I love them in the soft pink!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda said...

Oh I love the simplicity of these two embossed cards Bonnie! They are stunning and so elegant looking! Really love the poinsettias! Hugs, Brenda

Nstiz said...

These are gorgeous, Bonnie. I love the soft, fuzzy look you achieved with the white ink. I really need to pull out some of my embossing folders. They seem to be collecting dust here.

HilaryJane said...

They are beautiful, thanks for the tips xx

Leslie Miller said...

These folders and your cards really are gorgeous! I love the pink with the delicate touch of white. My favorite look for embossing. I need to do something different with my cards next year... maybe this is it. I appreciate your tip about the baby wipe. I tried it and it does help. Your cards are divinely elegant, but at the same time sweet.

Loll said...

The depth from the embossing on both these cards is amazing. Adding the white sponging really gives them even more depth and brings the flowers to life. Great work, my friend. xx

Mitzi said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I like the pink poinsettia and pink and silver go so well together. I need to get going on Christmas cards.

Cat Craig said...

The pink is so fresh and pretty Bonnie. Love both cards.

Pat said...

Two gorgeous looks Bonnie and the 3D EF's are both so pretty, and I love the pretty pink colour with the silver centres, matted layer and silver embossed sentiments on both. x

Susan said...

Such gorgeous pink poinsettias!! Love the texture you got from those 3D folders and the way you heat embossed the centres!

Helen said...

Beautiful cards - the embossing looks fab!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Brenda in IN said...

Both cards are lovely. The soft white looks beautiful on the pink and the centers just shine.

TK said...

Two beautiful cards, and I adore the pink you've used!

Bobby said...

Simply gorgeous, Bonnie. I have the TH folder so I saved this idea for next year's cards.

nancy littrell said...

Love your 2 dry embossed pink poinsettia Christmas cards, Bonnie. TFS your detailed description of both your beauties, my friend. You have me inspired..as always:-) TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - stunning in pink, Bonnie - especially love them with the silver frames!!

Lisa Elton said...

Gorgeous cards, Bonnie!

kiwimeskreations said...

They may have been quick to make Bonnie but they are amazing - those embossing folders are so effective, especially when the embossing is highlighted as you did.
Blessings
Maxine











Wendy said...

What beautiful poinsettias! I hadn't heard of using baby wipes on embossing folders before, but your card is gorgeous, so I might have to try it. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Trina P. said...

Your 3D embossed pink poinsettias are so pretty! I have the Sizzux one and can’t wait to use it.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful effect with the 3D embossing folder and love the non-traditional pink.

Stef Perry said...

Love, love, love your cards Bonnie! While they may have been quick and easy to make, they sure don't look it with their elegance and sparkle! So glad you took Michele's advice and shared with us at The Flower Challenge!

BożenA said...

WOW! Such a delicate cards thanks to the use of pink color. Bonnie, you just convinced me that pink can really be beautiful!! Two stuning cards!
xx