Thursday, December 14, 2023

Joyful Deer

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I hope you are enjoying preparations for holidays if you celebrate them,
and are taking time to take a deep breath and enjoy!


This sweet deer looks like that's just what she's doing.

I had some kits left from my last class and this sweet deer was a perfect fit.

My Copic coloring is looking a little rough.  Some of my markers are
drying out and the nibs are getting rough.
Challenges:
Double D - Christmas Animals






Card Recipe (card 4)
Stamps:  Joyeux Noel (Trinity), Holiday Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Shaded Spruce
Other:  Flurry of Snowflakes EF (Spl), Essential Arches (Spl), Copics (E13, E23, E33, E25, YG93, YG95, YG97, E000, R29, G14, YG17, B0000), Ultrafine Black Sharpie (for doodles)



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, he's one snort away from the full JOY-filled tune, I think! Such a wonderful deer!
I've been noticing a change in my Copic's recently - even after refilling. I guess nothing lasts forever but your coloring looks just great from where I'm sitting!
=]

LeAnne said...

He's very sweet....and your coloring is spot on! He looks like he's trying to catch one of those snowflakes on his tongue!

Bobby said...

I think he's saying "I smell Christmas in the air." So cute, Bonnie.

Loll said...

This is adorable, Bonnie. LOVE your sweet reindeer ... your colouring is awesome, my friend! Merry Christmas to you, Bruce and the family. Love, Lolly

nancy littrell said...

Adorable sweet deer Christmas card, Bonnie. Love your doodled framing and perfect dry embossed background too. Merry Christmas dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Lisa Elton said...

Aww, what a sweet little deer! This is a darling card, Bonnie and your coloring looks good to me!

Marcia Hill said...

Your deer in his festive scarf looks ready to celebrate Bonnie, and your coloring looks wonderful to me too! I'm having issues with some of my Copics too where the nibs are drying out even though I've re-inked them...grrrrrr! But anyway, your card is beautiful and sure hope you're enjoying this wonderful season too! We're celebrating this Sunday, so all next week will be time to reflect and enjoy even more this beautiful season! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

What and adorable deer, he looks like he's catching snowflakes xx

TK said...

Joyful deer indeed! She looks pleased in the snowflakes, in the crisp winter air and the twinkles of the lights from afar -- yes, let's relax and enjoy the holidays

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable deer and I love your coloring, Bonnie!! Perfect in the arch atop the embossed snowflakes!!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm taking a breath right now. However, I haven't had much time for the holidays other than making and mailing cards. This one is adorable! Loving the pine cone card you sent, Bonnie. I think it was because of you that I bought that die set. Haven't used it yet, sigh. Merry Christmas!

Barbara said...

Yes, we all need to take a deep breath and enjoy the season. So glad that you join with us at Double D challenge.

Susan said...

What an adorable deer! I think your colouring is just fine! And I love the tag and the layering.

Darlene said...

OH my friend ... this little deer is just precious and yes I thought the same thing ... we all need to take time to take a 'deep breath'! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Love the embossed background & overall design! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Cat Craig said...

Sweet...I love the added dots and dashes.

Brenda in IN said...

He is a sweetie and I think he's sniffing for Santa to come by and say "Won't you drive my sleigh tonight".

Trina P. said...

Sweet deer and coloured beautifully with fabulous detailed texture! 😉

HilaryJane said...

I have finally found time to take a deep breath and catch up. Thanks for all your Christmas inspiration. I hope you enjoy the holiday xx

Heather said...

Very, very sweet.!

BożenA said...

I love the use of double green frames. They make the deer pop out of the crowded background.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year 2024 my dear friend
hugs,
BożenA