Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Pink and Silver

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's been a busy month and I was determined to do a card for Color Hues.


Pink and silver reminded me of my granddaughter, Emmy, who has a birthday
coming up.

I got really ambitious and made her a shaker card.
I had the perfect glitter from WOW for the shakers.  It has tiny silver stars mixed
with the silver glitter.

I used patterned paper for the background and after cutting a circle from it,
I embossed it with a NBUS embossing folder.

Some of the shake stars found their way to the center of the embossed flowers.

I also used a NBUS die that a friend had recently gifted me.

I couldn't decide between white or silver for the Happy Birthday circle so I used both
and offset the white so the silver shows a bit.  The angle of the photo doesn't
seem to show that though.

I used layers of die cut circles for depth instead of foam.  The fine shakers
have room to move but hopefully the glitter won't escape.

I didn't photograph the inside but it's a money holder with a pocket to hold
a crisp bill. They always fit.

Challenges:
Color Hues #77 - Pink & Silver
NBUS #57 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Embossing Folder & Die)

  


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Ink Drops Vivid (Craft Consortium), Neenah Solar White, Silver Foil (SU)
Other:  Criss Cross Motif 3D EF (Spl), Round of Happy Die (CP), WOW Sparkles (Gold Rush), Infinity Circles (HA)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

17 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty shaker card in pink & silver. I bet Emmy will love it too. I have a great granddaughter named Emily but goes by Emee and her birthday was a week ago. A fun coincidence

Carole said...

Lovely card Bonnie. Pink and silver is a nice combination and I bet the card really sparkles in the flesh so to speak. I expect along with its contents it will be well received! xxx

Nancy said...

Bonnie, I love the background on that EF and the fun circle greeting. A shaker always makes a birthday extra special, and of course the money inside will help too. I am sure Emmy will love it! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues during this busy season and I wish you all the best in 2024!

Bobby said...

Emmy will love it, Bonnie, especially the shaker part. I love how you did that with the die cut birthday sentiment.

I Card Everyone said...

Looks like an 'Emmy-award-winning' birthday card to me, Bonnie!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Cutie little shaker card for your granddaughter, Bonnie!

BożenA said...

Amazing shaker card. The marbled embossed paper looks so elegant and the shaker sparkles beautifully with colorful stars. I also love how you sprinkled the stars on the panel to add even more sparkle. I'm sure Emmy will be delighted with this beautiful birthday card
hugs,
BożenA

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful take on pink and silver, Bonnie. Love the texture you added to your patterned paper including the delightful little starts as centers.

Pat said...

This is a very pretty shaker card for your granddaughter Emmy who will love it I'm sure, and I love the embossed flowers with the sweet little stars in the centres, and the circular die cut sentiment plate looks great Bonnie. I hope you have had a lovely Christmas and am looking forward to visiting you throughout 2024. x

Susan said...

Love that silver shaker and those tiny stars that are in the shaker and on the flowers!

Karen said...

I have four granddaughters, and if Emmy is anything like them, she will love getting a gorgeous shaker card--especially with the silver, glitter, and BEST YET--some cash inside! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Christine Alexander said...

such a pretty shaker and love the embossed background xx

TK said...

A great card for the challenge, and a blessing for the recipient to receive the card and a money gift!

Marcia Hill said...

Now who doesn't love a shaker card and with pink & silver to boot...definitely a winner in my book Bonnie, and I'm sure Emmy will think so too! Love the background with the embossed dsp...so striking! And of course, the shaker is the cherry on top! So glad you had time to play along with us at The Color Hues Challenge! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Ooh, pretty, and I would say your granddaughter will love it! I hope you had a lovely Christmas, Bonnie!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a pretty card Bonnie - love your background, and the wonderful shaker element and the greeting framing it
Blessings
Maxine

Stef Perry said...

Bonnie, this is such a fun design and I couldn't agree more with Karen about the pink, silver, glitter and cash being absolutely perfect for a granddaughter! I know mine love all those things too. Thanks for finding time to join this month's Color Hues Challenge and happy holidays to you!