Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Winter Bird for Craft Group

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

We just had our December Craft Group meeting.
Our swap them was winter.
Here are my swaps.


I CASEd this card that made me go to Unity and order this stamp.

I used the emboss resist technique and watercolor background.

After embossing the branches, I smooshed into Distress Oxide ink spritzed
with water.  I dried and smooshed some more until I was happy with them.

The sweet bird has been stamped and watercolored.

Here's a closeup of one.  I colored his hat blue and matted the layers with kraft.


I left off a sentiment so my friends could add their own.

Challenges:
Triple B-Birds, Butterflies & Blooms - I wasn't inspired by the mood board but wondering how this bird would look in black and white. Hmm...



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Bird Swag (Unity), Ornamental Pine, Christmas Pines, Forever Fern (ret SU), 
Ink:   VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Speckled Egg, Brushed Corduroy (DOX), Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo (DM), Real Red Marker
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 Series), Taken with Teal (ret SU), Desert Storm (Neenah)
Other:  White EP, Stitched Square Die (SSS), Resin Heart (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love that cute birdie and your lovely cards. You did a great job coloring him and making the fabulous backgrounds. Great colors.

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, he is the cutest ever! I'm betting the girls in the swap were very pleased to get one!
I'm loving your backgrounds and gorgeous neutrals!
=]

Darlene said...

WOWZA! The watercolor background is just gorgeous and LOVE LOVE LOVE his hat!! Beautiful cards my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

TK said...

These are amazing cards, Bonnie! I absolutely love the background and the way you re-matted the bird to highlight his cuteness -- great colors, great execution!

Bobby said...

What a fun bird that you brought to life with your fabulous coloring, Bonnie. I am also in love with that background. I'm sure your group was thrilled with these.

marilyn said...

What a great card and technique! Love the colors you chose as well...perfect!

Nstiz said...

OMG I LOVE that background! I did receive that stamp about a week ago and after seeing this I"m inspired to use it and try for that fabulous background. I just had to love his hat! I really really need to get down there and get to one of your classes!

Viv said...

What a fab stamp Bonnie - I can see why you had to have it!
Lovely cards, your group are very lucky! x

Loll said...

This is just the sweetest bird, Bonnie. LOVE your colouring ... and love the background for your card. Fabulous! xx

Pat said...

That bird is the cutest thing bonnie, and I love the smooshing and white embossed pine branches and berries which make a great background, and the watercolouring on the bird and berry branch is really pretty..some really great colours for the mats and layers on each too. x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, look at their cute little winter hats! These are fabulous, Bonnie. I'll bet they were a big hit!

Christine Alexander said...

That is an adorable little bird and coloured so beautifully. Thanks for the link to the video xx

Susan said...

Love that background - thanks for the link to the video! Love the bird stamp you used and the way you coloured it!

nancy littrell said...

OMG Adorable whimsical Winter bird image on the branch. LOVE your EB Resist smooshed background and color choices. All 5 of your cards are so special. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Linda said...

Bonnie, such a fun little bird. He is adorable and watercolored beautifully.
Thank you so much for your sweet Santa card with the snowflake and plaid background. So fun to receive handmade cards by friends. Merry Christmas.

Marcia Hill said...

That bird is so darn CUTE with his sweet little hat Bonnie...LOVE him!! Your backgrounds are also beautiful! Sweet, sweet cards my friend!! Could I ask pretty please if you would stamp me one (or 2) of the bird to color? Absolutely NO rush either...next year is fine!! Hugs. :0)

Trina P. said...

Very cute and tweet! Your emboss resist background is gorgeous.

Nancy said...

There is that adorable bird once again! What gorgeous cards and they look like they belong in a Hallmark store.

Leslie Miller said...

I love this bird so much and your backgrounds are super WOW!

BożenA said...

Your backgrounds are amazing! I love the colors and contrast with these white twigs. The sweet powder adds a beautiful accent to the cards.
xx