Saturday, December 2, 2023

Joyful Embossed

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

'Tis the season for quick and easy Christmas cards.

I had some leftover kits from my last class and thought I'd give them
a little twist.  It's a great way to add to my Christmas card stash.


I've used the Joyful die from Simon Says Stamp and shamefully CASEd Kristina Werner.

This is so easy to mass produce and yet make each unique by changing the embossing
folder or color and adding a bird or two.

I die cut a bunch of the Joyful die from gold and got them glued together and it was
smooth sailing from there.


This was even more QACAS.  Just embossing without needing to ink over and it makes
for an elegant card.

Here's the card we did in class.



Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - Embossing with option of Christmas
Krafty Chicks - Anything Goes

 







Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   White Pigment
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Emerald Envy (SU), Gold Foil, Red Glimmer
Other:  Joyful Frame die (SSS), Vine Canopy EF (SSS), Singing Birds Die (MB)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil
Other:  Joyful Frame die (SSS), Scenic Poinsettias EF (Spl)



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Really lovely, Bonnie! I haven't watched any of Kristina's Christmas card videos this year which is something I usually do each year - thanks for the lovely reminders!
=]

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love how you added the pretty little red birds to the green card. The white card is elegant.

Bobby said...

QACAS for the win, Bonnie! I get bored with making the same thing but the little changes you made to each card makes them lovely in their own unique way.

Marcia Hill said...

These are all so pretty Bonnie and great idea to just change out the embossing folder or color of cardstock, and you have a completely different card!! That joyful die cut is something I think I'm going to have to check out...what a statement it makes even though it's so small...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Beautiful! Love both, inked or not, they are perfectly CAS and perfect too

marilyn said...

LOVE the white on white version...so classy & elegant! Not to mention easy too!

Pat said...

I love the look of this green card with the white ink over the 3D embossing, and the little glittery birds on the edges of the gold embossed sentiment are a great finishing touch Bonnie, and the white embossed with the same gold embossed sentiment looks equally elegant and beautiful. x

Nstiz said...

these look wonderful, Bonnie and I'm sure Kristina is flattered that you cased her. I think we have all done that. Love the simplicity of the design and your color choices but my personal favorite is the white one.

Susan said...

Beautiful use of the wonderful embossing folders! Love the little bit of red on the first, and the beautiful simplicity of the second.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful dry eb backgrounds for your gold foil joyful die cut imbellishments, Bonnie. I checked and unfortunately the SSS Joyful die cut is nolonger available..darn. Maybe they will bring it back:-) TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful elegant cards Bonnie - and great use of that wonderful wee stamp!!
Blessings
Maxine

nancy littrell said...

Bonnie..TFS the link to the SSS Joyful Frame Die..I was able to order the beautiful dies. Love and Hugs..Nancy https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/products/simon-says-stamp-joyful-frame-wafer-dies-sssd112078

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly lovely cards, Bonnie! Love the sparkly birds on the first and the simplicity of the second!

Lia said...

Bonny, you made some lovely cards. A great use of colors and design.
Lia DT CYHTP

Sandy said...

Everyone has their favorite - I love the white embossed card - the poinsettias are gorgeous.
Sandy xx

Loll said...

Three beautiful embossed cards Bonnie! xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful cards! 3 more embossing folders I need:)

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful embossed cards Bonnie, you have inspired me to pull out my EF's :)

Trina P. said...

No shame in CASEing a fab design. All beautiful. Love the EFs you used.

BożenA said...

The technique of wiping the ink after embossing always gives beautiful results. I love your distressed background and beautiful gold lettering. I also like the white version of the card.
xx