Thursday, December 28, 2023

Torn Edge for Group of Seven Cardmakers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I hope if you celebrate Christmas it was a joyous holiday for you and
best wishes for a creative and happy New Year.

This month we had a Design Element at Group of Seven.
We tore some paper for our cards.

I've done three cards

First up is a birthday card for hubby.


I've layered some torn vellum with torn woodgrain paper on a background from my stash.


Then some torn vellum over snowflakes from my UFO box.
The stamped snowflake as well as the die cut snowflake, were embossed with 
Distress Embossing Glaze.


Finally are some more elements from my UFO box for a Monarch size
slimline card.

The stamped trees were the starting point for some torn snowdrifts edged
with Dazzling Details.  Snowy has a paper pieced scarf and hat and
snuggles in the snowdrift.  I added some snowfall with Chunky White Frantage.

Challenges:
Penny Black Saturday - (Penny Black Products-Christmas)
Double D - (Winter-Snow Scene)

 
 












Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Easy Expressions Original (Ton)
Ink:   VersaMark, Rustic Wilderness
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Mixed Media, Woodgrain (TH), Vellum, Garden Green, Baked Brown Sugar (SU)
Other:  Botanicuts Pine Bough (Greetery), Easy Expressions Die (ton), Lindy's Magicals Powders

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Dazzling Snowflake (HA)
Ink:   VersaMark
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Vellum, Silver Foil
Other:  Speckled Egg Distress Embossing Glaze, Snowflake Duo Die (PB), Many Thanks Die (PB), Stitched Rectangle Die (SSS)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  All Things Evergreen, Snowy, Merry Up (all PB)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Mossy Meadow, Soft Seafoam (SU)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, DSP (ret SU)
Other:  Frosty's Snow Die (PB), Dazzling Details (SU), Chunky White EP (Stamplorations)



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Three wonderful cards using variations of torn edges Bonnie! I love the look of the torn vellum on your first two and the glittery hills are so pretty on your torn edges with the cute snowman - love his scarf and hat too! Julia xx

Loll said...

LOVE the layered woodgrain and vellum with torn edge. Works so perfectly with the beautiful pinecones, Bonnie. Happy Birthday to Bruce!! The torn vellum banner is so pretty over top of your layered snowflake. I love how the snowflake can still be seen through the vellum. Your final card is so sweet. Snowy always brings a smile to my face. He looks very happy out playing in the snow. Great work! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Love your torn vellum, Bonnie! Especially when paired with that cutest of all snow dudes!
Happy birthday to your husband!
=]

BożenA said...

I love the vellum finished with a torn edge. It creates a non-obvious border between what is clear and what is blurry and hazy. I love your cards.
xx

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, Bonnie, they're all very pretty! I can't help but favor the adorable and timeless Snowy with those beautiful trees in the background. However, that is one gorgeous snowflake, and I love all things woodsy, so the pinecone is calling to me as well. In fact, it's calling to me from my NBUS basket right now. Thanks for sharing Snowy with us at Double D!

JoAnn said...

Love your cards. The torn edges look great. I really like your Snowy card, he is so cute.
Happy Birthday to your Hubby.

Christine Alexander said...

Tree gorgeous cards Bonnie. I think my favourite it your snowflake, it's so elegant ♥
This was such a fun technique xx

nancy littrell said...

Three wonderfully creative examples of Torn Edge Elements, Bonnie. Your green background for your husbands birthday card really pops and made for a start to a very special stunning card for your gorgeous die cut pine cone and torn edge vellum and woodgrain textured cardstock background...Wow! Bruce will treasure his card:-)

Loved your beautiful snowflake with the torn vellum background for the sentiment for your pretty thank you card too. Who can resist Snowy, who always bring smiles and happiness and looks so cozy warm in his beautiful scarf and tucked into the pretty snow drifts:-)

TFS all Three beauties and Happy Creative New Year and Happy birthday to Bruce:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful trio of cards Bonnie - love the Snowy on in particular
Blessings
Maxine

TK said...

Oh my, these are great, Bonnie! Torn edges can accent a sentiment, mute a background or BE the background -- so easy to add such a fun element, and one I should use more often. Thanks for the inspiration

Darlene said...

Oh Bonnie, your cards are all just FABULOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Lisa Elton said...

Three terrific cards, Bonnie! Love the look of the torn vellum. Happy Birthday wishes to your hubby!

Vicky Hayes said...

What wonderful inspiration in these three gorgeous cards Bonnie! I particularly like the look of torn vellum and had forgotten all about it! Hope you enjoyed your Christmas and wishing you a happy 2024. Vicky x

Bobby said...

Your cards show that torn paper can be used in so many different ways, Bonnie. I love the paper paired with vellum. (Happy Birthday, Bruce!) It's always worked for me for snowdrifts but it also works well for a place to put a sentiment. Beautiful card, my friend.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such gorgeous cards with the various torn papers, Bonnie - especially love the layers of torn snowy hills on card three!

Susan said...

Great examples of using torn edges, Bonnie! I love the layering of the vellum and the woodgrain on the first one - a perfect background for the pine branch and pine cone. The second one is my favourite - such a gorgeous snowflake (good reminder to me to use my Embossing Glaze more) and the vellum sentiment is perfect over it. The third card is a great slimline with the snow banks and Snowy in his lovely paper pieced scarf and hat. I'm so glad we revisited torn edges as there's so much we can do with them.

Viv said...

Just lovely makes Bonnie!
Happy New Year!

Brenda in IN said...

That is a great card for hubby's birthday with that torn look of vellum over woodgrain paper. What a gorgeous color of the snowflake and it shows through under the vellum strip. The silver just adds to it. Snowy playing in the drifted snow is adorable.

HilaryJane said...

These are amazing cards. I have hardly ever use torn edges as a design feature but all the inspiration I have seen amongst your group of seven has made me realise what a clever design trick it is. The double edge trick on the first card is particularly impressive. Thank you so much xx

Donna Phelan said...

Love your torn paper/vellum designs--such a neat technique! That snowman is ridiculously cuuuute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Winter/Snow Scene Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

My Paper Epiphany said...

A beautiful trio and all so different! I love the look of torn paper! Thanks for sharing Snowy over at PBSC:)

Sarn said...

Hi Bonnie

Happy New Year to you. I love these three torn edge cards - especially the last one with Snowy!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Robyn Oliver said...

Three fantastic cards Bonnie, the torn vellum looks super underlaid with the textured card and over the snowflake is amazing.. love it, hugs Robyn