Thursday, February 8, 2024

Home Tweet Home

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

A friend of mine has recently moved into a new home and I wanted to send her
something to let her know how happy I am for her.


 I stamped the birdhouse with Versafine Onyx Black ink heat embossed with clear powder.
Then I colored it with an Elegant Writer.Several of my friends have used this 
technique to color and it's long been on my "got to try it" list.

I outlined some of the embossed lines of the birdhouse with a thin line of
Elegant Writer.  Then I used my waterbrush to move the ink around.
It breaks down into such pretty colors and works great for an aged look.

Since this friend likes color, I added some of her wall colors to the roof and
flowers on the birdhouse.

The background got it's watery look by spritzing a little water on the inked stamp
and pressing down several times.

I added the little bird flying home and some thinned re-inker to make the sky.

I hope she'll be happy in her new home and live there for a long, long time.

Challenges:
Penny Black Saturday - Use Penny Black with option of Wings





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fly High, Floral Silhouettes, Woodland Beauty, Nature's Silhouettes (all PB)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Lumberjack Plaid (DI)
Paper:   Mixed Media, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Clear EP, Elegant Writer, Tumbled Glass re-inker


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Looks like there's room for three families in this darling triplex, Bonnie! So sweet - and I love the water-y stamped background!
=]

Sandy said...

What a fun bird house - Mr. Blue Bird cannot resist going in for a peek. I really like all the foliage.
Sandy xx

Marcia Hill said...

Your sweet card almost makes me wish I were a bird Bonnie!! I've never heart of an elegant writer pen but I sure do like the look it gives...that birdhouse is gorgeous! And so is your background and of course the sweet little birdie too! Your friend is going to love this! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

You got wonderful results using the Elegant Writer. The wood looks so real and weathered. I love the sweet little bluebird. A lovely vine background too.

Bobby said...

I love the coloring and those spritzed leaves in the background look fantastic, Bonnie. We had 6 or 7 bluebirds at our feeders last week. We were gone all weekend so I hope they come back.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card x

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. I have never heard of Elegant Writer before either but your coloring looks great. Pretty background for your birdhouse. TFS

Loll said...

This is so sweet, Bonnie. LOVE the aged look of the birdhouse with the elegant writer. So cool. And your background is awesome. Your friend is going to cherish this card! xx

HilaryJane said...

Your colours are so lovely and I love the effect on the bird box. I those those elegant writers on my wishlist xx

BożenA said...

Amazing watercolor, Bonnie. I love this spring scene. I admire how you mastered the colors, every detail is so well done and the coloring of the birdhouse looks so professional!
hugs,
BożenA

nancy littrell said...

Your card is adorable, Bonnie. Your friend is going to LOVE her adorable bird house. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...

Pat said...

Such a sweet birdhouse Bonnie and I love the aged look of the wood using an Elegant Writer, and the blue and red spots on the roof and the darker blue little flying bird add some pretty detail, and the watery look to the foliage and flowers and a soft blue sky give a dreamy look. I'm sure your friend will love this wonderful new home card. x

Nstiz said...

Besides your beautiful coloring I'm drawn to your work because you can always work a wonderful background around a colored image. I can't manage that lately. What a super image and great stamping in your background.
For the record, I've never, ever had an issue getting your notifications or your posts.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful background for your sweet birdhouse, Bonnie - love all the details you added!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet card for your friend! Your spritzy background looks terrific!

clelie said...

Love it, Bonnie! Reminds me to pull out my Elegant Writer! ☺

Cat Craig said...

Perfect housewarming card. Love this.

Leslie Miller said...

Love the birdhouse, the coloring, the background... every little bit of this! I always like birdhouses for new home cards. You and others may make me try those Elegant Writers. I've been admiring the look of them and here is another beautiful example!

Susan said...

Fabulous "new home" card! Love the bird house and also the watery background of flowers and leaves.

Trina P. said...

Very tweet indeed. Beautifully watercoloured. Love how you did the background. Colouring with the EW is on my “to try” list, too,