Monday, February 5, 2024

Red and Pink

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

There's more than one challenge so far this month to use red and pink.

I have enough valentines.  I have them done early this year which probably
means they will be sent late!

So I went for a birthday card.


One of the poppy stems was already cut out in my UFOs.
All I had to do was sponge some color on it.  Then I cut another and
sponged red on that and didn't like the shade of red I picked.

So I cut another large flower head from a scrap of red and popped it on top.
The centers were cut with a tiny flower punch and inked.

I stacked two pinpoint layers, embossing the top layer to display the flowers.

Since the background looked a bit bare to me,
I stenciled randomly on the card base.

Challenges:
Color Hues #80 - Red & Pink
Memory Box - Ink Blending



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:   VersaMark, Bubblegum, Cherry, Woodsy (SSS)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Real Red, Black
Other:  Splendid Poppy Stems (MB), Curved Cap Pinpoint Layers (MB), Subtle EF (ret SU), Moroccan Lattice Stencil (Kite), White EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!




29 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

There are our favorite Poppies, Bonnie - I can't use them now without thinking of you! You have found a clever way to add those shades of red and pink and it's gorgeous!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

I love Poppies too Bonnie and yours are absolutely GORGEOUS in red & pink! Your subtle stenciled background in the pink is so pretty too...lovely, lovely card my friend, and thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Color Hues Challenge! Hugs. :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very pretty. x

Sandy said...

Really pretty - I am still working on my Valentines. When I finish, I need to work in our "new" little home. Oh Lordy - so much stuff in the 3rd bedroom and garage. I haven't missed anything so I must not need it!
Sandy xx

Brenda in IN said...

So cute and a great idea to add the stenciling. Sometimes a card looks so naked and you dressed this up so pretty.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with your red and pink poppies. Love the details with the pinpoint dies and stenciled background.
I have been getting your e-mails with no problem, just wanted to let you know.

Loll said...

So pretty. Those flowers are beautiful and I love the stenciling in the background. No warning this time. :) xx

Darnell said...

When you have a great eye for design, you can create stunning cards from a little bit of this and a turn of that and a bit of color here ... inspiring, Bon, and so pretty! If you don't mind, I could add this to my gallery of I.D.E.A.S. Pinterest board because of your inky creativeness! Hugs, Dolly

BożenA said...

The background goes amazingly with the flowers and I really like it. I love the effect where the background dissolves into white. I also love your flowers, they have a beautiful, deep color that, like the background, changes and fades.
Thank you for trying to notify me without a photo. This time there was no warning.
By the way, I'd like to ask if my notifications also include a warning against malware?
hugs,
BozenA

Nstiz said...

How classy this looks with your gorgeous coloring on those poppies. Love your background too. Beautiful card, Bonnie!

Pat said...

The poppies are beautiful in pink and red Bonnie, and I love them displayed on the double curved pinpoint die layers, and the added pink moroccan lattice stencilling in pink and the added white on black sentiment strip are great finishing touches. x

clelie said...

So very beautiful!...and I AM READY FOR SPRING!☺

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely card, Bonnie! I like the soft stenciling in the background. So happy to see this little work of art in our JUGs gallery!

Cat Craig said...

That stenciled background is a fabulous table for your blooms.

TK said...

Beautiful flowers on that soft dreamy background -- really beautiful, Bonnie!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your trio of beautiful flowers Bonnie, and the way you have 'framed' then with the double pinpoint layers
Blessings
Maxine

ElizStewart said...

Bonnie... your background is the perfect touch for your simply beautiful florals. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Bobby said...

I love the layers, the pinpoint detail and the stenciling, Bonnie. They worked beautifully together for your delightful card.

Susan said...

Love the soft stencilling in the background! A great contrast to the vibrant flowers. Love the framing too!

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous. I love that random stencilling too. What a good idea xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Your poppies are lovely Bonnie and I think that stenciling on the background was inspired! Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, very pretty poppies in the arched frame! I think the soft stenciled background really seals the deal for me. Gorgeous, Bonnie!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful die cut poppies and love the soft stenciling behind xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your trio of blossoms with the soft stenciling behind, Bonnie!!

Nancy said...

Bonnie, I love that each one of your flowers is a different shade of color. It really makes for a dramatic effect and catches your eye. You have used one of my favorite stencils that I happen to own. Great job and thanks for playing along at Color Hues. I will be emailing you back tonight! HUGS!

Hannelie said...

Those sweet flowers look so beautiful against the subtle stenciled BG! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very beautiful x

My Paper Epiphany said...

So very pretty! I love the pink and red combo!

Julie B said...

I love a poppy and these are fab, a great way to get the colours into your design. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues. :)